We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

C/ San Luis area safe at night?

UK
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
C/ San Luis area safe at night?

Hi

I arrived in Sevilla yesterday and am staying in c/ San Luis. I had got the impression that it was quite a busy area but it seems quite deserted which has alarmed me a little. Is it safe for a lone female, especially at night? Is there anywhere that I should particularly avoid? I probably won't be out and about after about 11.00pm.

Is it just quiet because it is summer or because of the roadworks, perhaps?

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: C/ San Luis area safe at night?

i think the area is pretty safe at night. it is a long street, so some parts will seem more deserted than others. anyways, even if deserted i would consider it to be safe, even more so if only out till 11pm.

Yes, seville is usually quieter summertime as lots of locals go to the beach on holidays.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,673 posts
3,656 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: C/ San Luis area safe at night?

ifnot:

If you are back at your hotel before 11 pm, I think it will be quite safe. You will always see someone on the street.

UK
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: C/ San Luis area safe at night?

Thanks for the input. It is actually quite a bit more lively here during the week so I feel much better about it!

London, UK
Level Contributor
300 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: C/ San Luis area safe at night?

Apply the same common sense rule that you apply when you are in your own city, rather than getting advice from a travel forum. Stay away from deserted streets, travel with a discreet bag if going out by yourself late at night, keep your wits about you. I find it odd when people ask if a certain place is safe. A criminal can travel, thieves and robbers are everywhere, in exclusive areas and poor areas. Worse come to the worse, if you are that concerned, start your day early, do what you want to do, have dinner earlier, pick up a bottle of wine and go back to your hotel where you will feel safe. I am a solo traveler and I often do this.

UK
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: C/ San Luis area safe at night?

Thank you onelifeliveit. I am very well travelled and extremely streetwise so would obviously take sensible precautions whatever information is given here. However, I disagree that it is not worth asking the question of people who may have knowledge of a specific area as, in reality, some areas are always going to be safer than others. Sadly, it was ever thus, and just as there are probably areas of London that you would deem safer than others, so there will be in Sevilla.

6. Re: C/ San Luis area safe at night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 05:16