We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment advise please

Kelowna, BC
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Apartment advise please

Hello,

I'm planning a 23 day trip to Spain (my first!) in November and am looking for an apartment rental in Seville for 11 days. I've narrowed it down to 3 choices but would like some advice - especially with regards to location.

Apartment #1

homeathomes.com/Puerta-de-los-Naranjos/en/Se…

Apartment #2

…spain-select.com/en_US/…san-marcos

Apartment #3

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/596803…

I want to be in or near the Santa Cruz area, close to the Alcazar and Cathedral, but also a place where its quiet enough to sleep at night (or even in the afternoon if I start getting in the siesta habit). I'm a female travelling alone so I want to feel like I'm in a safe building and neighborhood, and I also want to be easy walking distance from a market or food store, and a place where I can buy beer and wine.

I love Apartment #1 but wish it had a bathtub. It also has a high security deposit (high to me at least). Apartment #2 I also like but, looking at the map, I'm afraid it might be a little far away from the center. Apartment #3 seems to have it all, but many reviewers have remarked on a problem with street noise.

Any advice or thoughts on these apartments? Also, any thoughts on renting from a property rental management company vs direct from owner (AirBnB)?

Thanks very much.

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment advise please

We always rent from an agency when in Sevilla. Not saying you should not rent direct, but we feel more at ease with an agency. If for example the apartment is cancelled from the owners side, an agency will have an alternative for you.

Did you have a look at sevilla5.com or veoapartments ? They have a whole range of apartments. Being central and quiet is very difficult in Sevilla.

We stayed in the Pajaritos apartment and the Santa Cruz terrace apartment (both from sevilla5.com). Both of them are central and reasonably quiet. Especially the Pajaritos apartment is very quiet.

For us a terrace or balcony is very important because we always travel in summer and like to sit outside at the end of the afternoon or beginning of the evening before going out for dinner. Don't know about the temperatures in November though.

Safety is not a real issue in the center of Sevilla, since people will be around all hours of the day.

Edited: 31 July 2014, 10:18
Kelowna, BC
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartment advise please

Thank you very much for replying. I agree with you that there is more peace of mind renting from an agency, and I think that's the best choice for me. I'm so glad you told me about veoapartment. They have a wonderful selection of rentals, easy booking terms, and great reviews. Thank you.

Now I have 4 new choices I'm trying to pick from, including one of the Pajaritos apartments where you stayed. I suspect I will be happy with any one of them, as long as they aren't too far out.

veoapartment.com/apartment-seville-0392-corr…

veoapartment.com/apartment-seville-0474-paja…

veoapartment.com/apartment-seville-0067-cuna…

veoapartment.com/apartment-seville-0250-los-…

I read your review on the Santa Cruz Terrace apartment and scratched it from my list as soon as I saw the word 'cockroach'. :-)

Thanks again for your help dutchfemale!

Edited: 01 August 2014, 02:50
Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartment advise please

They all looklovely.

Yes we did have then but I think they wrote somewhere that they fixend it and the other reviewers did not mention them.

4. Re: Apartment advise please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2015, 05:16