We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

short walking tour of barrio Santa Cruz

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
977 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
short walking tour of barrio Santa Cruz

Is it possible to get a very short walking tour of the Barrio? I would love my fiancee to see some of the pretty streets there. He would only be able to walk 30 minutes with a 5 minute break and then 30 minutes back.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
66,243 posts
3,764 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: short walking tour of barrio Santa Cruz

Phyllis:

You do not need a tour to see the Barrio Santa Cruz. Just take a walk there. The entrance is close to the Cathedral and Episcopal Palace. Look at Google Maps for Calle Mateos Gago.

Mentioned in this post
Barrio Santa Cruz
Barrio Santa Cruz
7,378 Reviews
Seville, Spain
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
977 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: short walking tour of barrio Santa Cruz

I just remember with a tour guide many years ago we went on a very short walk in the Barrio Santa Cruz. We saw beautiful streets with gates and you could look in and see the patios. I have no idea what streets they were though.

Mentioned in this post
Barrio Santa Cruz
Barrio Santa Cruz
7,378 Reviews
Seville, Spain
Wenatche
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: short walking tour of barrio Santa Cruz

Any travel guide you can get from library. We did copy of a walking tour in Rick Steve guide to Spain, 2012. We did take along walk that lasted 20 or 30 mts,,enjoyed it. It can be shortened as per you interest. Find some good tapas on the way for energy!

Hope this will help our trip. Enjoy.

bobkli19

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
22,269 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: short walking tour of barrio Santa Cruz

Going at your own pace rather than with a guide allows stops at watering holes or occasional shady plaza.

andalucia.com/cities/…barriosantacruz.htm

Boston
Level Contributor
178 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: short walking tour of barrio Santa Cruz

The others are correct that you do not need a guide. However, a guide can add information and interest to your stroll, and if you really want one, let me make a suggestion. There are several free walking tour companies that offer two-hour tours of Santa Cruz. I am sure they would be willing to hook you up with a guide who could give a shortened private tour that fits your needs. We had good luck with Pancho Tours. They are on the web. Call or email tour owner Dario and ask him if it's possible.

Mentioned in this post
Pancho Tours
Pancho Tours
3,072 Reviews
Seville, Spain
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
977 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: short walking tour of barrio Santa Cruz

Thank you all for the information.. Since we can not take long walks I would love to find those particular streets I mentioned.

7. Re: short walking tour of barrio Santa Cruz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2015, 05:16