We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the bus from Seville to Lisbon not everyday?

Shanghai, China
5 posts
Save Topic
Is the bus from Seville to Lisbon not everyday?

I am planning to transfer from Seville to Lisbon on 8th, Oct. I checked alsa's website but only found one result which is on 9th, Oct. Is this an everyday bus route ? It really takes time by airplane and cost me more. Is that possible for me to buy ticket from the Seville local bus station directly?

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
64,644 posts
3,730 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the bus from Seville to Lisbon not everyday?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,846 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the bus from Seville to Lisbon not everyday?

I think the overnight bus leaving just before midnight from the Plaza de Armas bus station does run every night if this is the bus you are thinking of taking. That bus stops also at the other main bus station in Seville called Prado de San Sebastian about 11.30.pm.

The daytime bus to Seville may only run on Thursday, Friday Saturday Sundays.

In any event I think that it is too early to try and book it online. Usually booking is open 30 days ahead in my experience. You could leave until Seville however up to you and can try within that 30 day period?

There is a useful web page devoted to getting from Seville into southern Portugal (Algarve) and where you have perhaps another option for travel via Algarve.

MOVELIA bus booking web site is also much improved for this type of trip from Spain to Portugal.

Happy travels.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
52,114 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the bus from Seville to Lisbon not everyday?

Cadiz lover is correct. The daytime direct bus Seville - Lisbon does not run every day except in July and August. The night-time bus runs every night.

It is possible to do the trip in daytime every day by taking the DAMAS bus to Faro and then train or bus from there to Lisbon. ALSA (bookable at the Movelia site mentioned above) also has (currently) a daily 9am bus from Seville to Albufeira, from where you can take a Rede-Expressos bus to Lisbon.

For Faro or Albufeira to Lisbon bus, see www.rede-expressos.pt where tickets are on sale 30 days in advance. For trains Faro to Lisbon see www.cp.pt where tickets are on sale 60 days in advance. Both sites are available in English and both issue print at home tickets. Train is cheaper than bus if booked more than 5 days in advance.

In Faro the bus and railway stations are 150 metres apart in the same street, so it is an easy transfer.

Edited: 03 August 2014, 10:41
4. Re: Is the bus from Seville to Lisbon not everyday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 06:16
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question