We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanlucar

Devon
1 post
Save Topic
Sanlucar

Two questions for Cadiz Province afficianados!

Sanlucar has fantastic fish restaurants by the beach but on a recent visit staying at Posada de Palacio (early November) we couldn't find a single restaurant in the centre of town, just a few tapas bars! The unhelpful staff at the Posada couldn't tell us of any either! Does this beautiful town Sanlucar really have no (or so few) restaurants?

Despite missing out on romantic dinners (we just did not want more tapas) in the evening, we are keen on the idea of buying a house in Sanlucar (we can buy our food in the market after, all) : any ideas of good local estate agents?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,488 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sanlucar

The place for evening eating is El Puerto de Santa Maria or Jerez. Sanlucar is really good for those restaurants on the beach at Bajo de Guía. I have not explored central Sanlucar for some time. Did you visit the Duchess of Medina Sidonia's Palacio lodgings round the corner from your hotel ?

www.fcmedinasidonia.com/

I don't think that Sanlucar caters for too many tourists in the slack months of the year.

Having said that, I noticed that they have another horse race meeting on the beach on Saturday 8th December starting at Noon. 6 races in all.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sanlucar

It's true that Sanlucar is more a place for tapeo than anything else. Casa Balbino, in the centre of town, is a must!

3. Re: Sanlucar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 20:20