We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southern Spain Honeymoon

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Southern Spain Honeymoon

Looking at planning our honeymoon trip to Southern Spain for the first week of May. Any suggestions for places to stay would be great. We are looking at Seville, Marbella, Malaga and possibly some others.

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southern Spain Honeymoon

How long have you got? Do you want to stay in one place or move around & what are your interests? If you give a bit more to go on you will get more answers.

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Southern Spain Honeymoon

Good point...the info I provided was a bit sparse. We have 9 days. We are looking spend about half the time in a metropolitian area (e.g. Seville) and the other part by the coast. I know that it is still early in the season (begining of May) so the beaches likely won't be too crowded, which is fine with us. Although we are no looking to go "4 star" we do enjoy good boutique hotels. I have found that you typically receive better service in smaller hotels. If, however, someone strongly recommends a larger resort that they have stayed at, we are always open to such suggestions.

Rainhill
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Southern Spain Honeymoon

If you are a beach lover you can't get closer to the sand than The Beach House near La Cala (between Fuengirola and Marbella). This is a luxurious private villa with rooms - I looked at it for my own honeymoon but unfortunately they were fully booked. You can walk to La Cala along the beach (very romantic) and there are some nice bars / restaurants there (restaurant Mijas Playa is very good and is right on the beach).

Here is the link to The Beach House website if you are interested:

http://www.beachhouse.nu/eng_hotel.html

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Southern Spain Honeymoon

Here are a couple of ideas for you & some web sites which should help you make your decision.

One option is to spend a few days in Sevilla, a beautiful city. From there you can take day trips to Cordoba (mezquita) or Jerez (sherry bodegas & horse displays) From there you could travel to the Costa del Sol or the Costa de la Luz (less built up & touristy).

Another option is to visit Malaga, a very underrated city with plenty to see & do. From there you could do a trip to Granada to see the Alhambra. You then have the option of heading south along the Costa del Sol (very built up) or north, maybe Nerja.

There is plenty of info here on TA about all these places, or post questions on the specific forum about the places you are interested in.

www.exploreseville.com

www.andalucia.org

www.malagaturismo.com

www.jerez.org

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
18,730 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Southern Spain Honeymoon

I personally think that at least one night should be spent in the Alfonso XIII in Seville. Yes it is expensive but the rooms are superb. The coast can be good in early May and you may consider heading south to the coast between Cadiz and Algeciras. (Costa de la Luz)

There are a number of very comfortable beach hotels at Novo Sancti Petri (near Chiclana) and also further along the coast at Conil.

One large hotel but with good rooms and superb swimming pool on the beach is Fuerte Conil - you can walk into the town easily for evening drinks or dinner. Prices are not too bad in early May.

For a hill town with character and some smart places to stay, you could look up Vejer de la Frontera on the way to the far south. It is also near some good beaches.

Spain
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Southern Spain Honeymoon

Hi,

If you are driving then I can recommend La Posada del Torcal in Antequerra where you can see some mad lunar landscape in the National Park as well as the Gorges (this is a link with some further info http://www.andalucia.com/antequera/chorro/home.htm), you can get there inland from Seville to Malaga with a detour via Ronda if you wanted. If you don't mind staying just outside Seville and you are into your food then this is the place to be www.elbullihotel.com/benazuzaweb_eng.html.

I don't want to bombard you with info so I'll leave beachy suggestions to someone else.

Good luck !

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Southern Spain Honeymoon

Thanks for all the suggestions...our trip is almost all booked. We booked hotels in Marbella and just outside Malaga. Now we just need to get our hotels for Seville.

8. Re: Southern Spain Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 00:17