We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive along the costa del sol

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Drive along the costa del sol

A friend and I are going to Andalusia in Feb and we were thinking of driving from Torremolinos to Cadiz via Tarifa (I've read that the lanscape is breathtaking and we want the freedom to stop along the way). Another friend of ours, however, said we'd be crazy to drive anywhere in Spain as the roads are unpaved and twisty. Anyone have thoughts or advice?

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drive along the costa del sol

The roads are great to drive on, busy near the cities & on the Costa del Sol but generally the traffic runs smoothly. Last time we drove that road was a couple of years ago & it was fine.

www.viamichelin.com will help you plan your route.

New York
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drive along the costa del sol

The motorways (autopiste) are excellent. However if you want to see the real Andalusia get off them and into the small towns.

I drove from Malaga to Ronda, Sevilla, Jerez, Tarifa all with no problems. The view from the coast near Tarifa is beautiful. Have a good trip.

3. Re: Drive along the costa del sol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 10:25