We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question about the Renfe train web site

Paris, France
12 posts
Save Topic
question about the Renfe train web site

Hello,

We are visiting Seville and thinking of visiting Granada. After I read many feedback here, I went to Renfe site to register myself in order to buy the ticket in advance. But I do not know what I am supposed to enter for the field N.I.F. If I do not have this N.I.F id, I cannot buy tickets online?

Can anyone, preferably local expert, help me on this?

Thanks!

ovni

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: question about the Renfe train web site

I believe you have to enter your passport number, missing off the first or last digit. Try that.

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: question about the Renfe train web site

These two links to previous posts should answer your questions:

tripadvisor.com/…5034482

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187443-i284-k6428…

Paris, France
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: question about the Renfe train web site

Thanks so much senoraylan for info!!!

After half an hour of battle with the Renfe site, I was almost giving it up..

Since I only filled Nombre and Apellido 2º fields and Apellido 1º was empty, I got an error message "your surname must be 1-30 characters"... so I entered a hyphen in Apellido 1º and now I was able to register! Do you think it would be ok when someone verify it at the train station? I hope it would be ok to retrieve my tickets there...

Anyway, just wanted to thank you, senoraylan!!!

ovni

4. Re: question about the Renfe train web site

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 09:23