We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seville, Granada and Cordoba

Ottawa
5 posts
Save Topic
Seville, Granada and Cordoba

In September, my wife and I plan to visit Cordoba (train from Madrid) and then Granada and Seville. I have scheduled two nights in Cordoba and four each in the other two places. I've never visited any of them. Does this seem like a good breakdown of time? Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

John

Mentioned in this post
Cordoba
Cordoba
Province of Cordoba, Spain
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
Granada
Granada
Province of Granada, Spain
Seville
Seville
Province of Seville, Spain
Seville, Spain
Level Contributor
936 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Seville, Granada and Cordoba

I think that sounds perfect, although some may say 3 nights both for Seville and Granada, and just 1 for Cordoba. But with 4, 4 and 2 nights I think you can slow down and enjoy the trip. And there are plenty of day trips from both Seville and Granada should you want to see a smaller town or city.

Mentioned in this post
Seville
Seville
Granada
Granada
Cordoba
Cordoba
Ottawa
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Seville, Granada and Cordoba

Thanks for the info, betis1. Much appreciated. Plan number 43 (or whatever) now has us taking the AVE train from Madrid to Cordoba, arriving at 3:42 pm, Thursday, Sept 12. We spend that night and the next in Cordoba. On Saturday, Sept 15, we then take the Altaria train (9:45 am) to Granada (arriving 12:15 pm). We're in Granada that day and the next two (three nights altogether). Then on Tuesday we take the R-598 train to Seville ( 11:33 am to 2:40 pm). We stay in Seville four nights before taking the Alsa bus on Saturday to Faro (where we spend three nights before heading by train up to Lisbon where we started all of this). We could cut a day off Seville and add it to Faro, but it seems OK the way it is. Again thanks from Canada.

Mentioned in this post
Madrid
Madrid
Cordoba
Cordoba
Granada
Granada
Seville
Seville
ALSA
ALSA
249 Reviews
Madrid, Spain
Faro
Faro
Faro District, Portugal
Lisbon
Lisbon
Lisbon District, Portugal
NJ
Level Contributor
238 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Seville, Granada and Cordoba

I'm sure you are now back from your trip?

My wife and I are leaving in two weeks between the 20th and 27th of November with the same Cities in mind.

Seville, Granada and Cordoba.

We will be going direct to Seville from Madrid (flight) and stay in Seville for a couple nights (still undetermined).

I don't have as many days as you but we are planning on making Cordoba a day trip, possibly, spend our base in Seville or Granada and rent a car to drive to the smaller towns.

We plan on probably staying a few nights in Seville, rent a car to drive to Granada and even drive to Cordoba for a day trip from Granada and/or Seville and see the outskirts as well.

Can you suggest the amount of days that is right?

Mentioned in this post
Seville
Seville
Granada
Granada
Cordoba
Cordoba
Madrid
Madrid
Coral Gables...
Level Contributor
79 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seville, Granada and Cordoba

My wife and I did 3 nights in Madrid, 2 each in Seville, Granada and Barcelona, then 1 more in Madrid before flying home. In retrospect, I would rather have spent only 1 night in Granada (there's really not much there, aside from the Alhambra) and spent the extra night in either Seville or Barcelona. Three nights in Seville would have been just about the right amount of time, imho.

Mentioned in this post
Madrid
Madrid
Seville
Seville
Granada
Granada
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
The Alhambra
The Alhambra
33,720 Reviews
Granada, Spain
5. Re: Seville, Granada and Cordoba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 01:17