We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Zaragoza airport??

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from Zaragoza airport??

Well, we can't wait any longer for a cortado so we've booked a cheap flight to Zaragoza. Can anyone help with details of taxi costs/airport buses & times or any other way to get to the centre? We're staying at the Catalonia Zaragoza Plaza.

Thanks in advance.

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from Zaragoza airport??

bump!

zaragoza
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from Zaragoza airport??

Hi Senoraylan:

You choose a great hotel and so close to the Basilica del Pilar.

CONECTIONS FROM AIRPORT

Taxi will cost you around 20€-25€ to the Hotel.-quite expensive-

You can take the bus from the airport but it has a few stops.It only costs 1,80€ and you can do as following:

Drop off in Plaza San Francisco (stop 2)

Take a city bus(0,85€)-either 30 or 40- and drop off in Independencia -plaza de España-close to your hotel-perhaps it´s a bit more time than by taxi but it worths..

If you´re keen on Cortados you´ll like good Tapas as well,so let me know and I will recomend you great places

Kowloon

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from Zaragoza airport??

Thanks for your help, kowloon. Yes, we love tapas, my favourite is seafood, my husband - albondigas. Also, where is good for chocolate con churros?

We are looking forward to exploring Zaragoza, it looks beautiful.

Gracias.

London
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from Zaragoza airport??

Hi senoraylan,

Good choice of hotel, great location and wonderful modernist building. Regarding your trip from the airport, kowloon gave you a very good advice. If you find the taxi fare expensive, try doing that, drop off at Plaza San Francisco, just in front of the main University campus. If you do not fancy taking a bus afterwards, I recommend to take a taxi to your hotel and the total cost will still be cheaper than from the airport. It is a main avenue, so it won't be difficult for you to find a taxi.

Enjoy your stay at Zaragoza

London
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport from Zaragoza airport??

Hi senoraylan,

Good choice of hotel, great location and wonderful modernist building. Regarding your trip from the airport, kowloon gave you a very good advice. If you find the taxi fare expensive, try doing that, drop off at Plaza San Francisco, just in front of the main University campus. If you do not fancy taking a bus afterwards, I recommend to take a taxi to your hotel and the total cost will still be cheaper than from the airport. It is a main avenue, so it won't be difficult for you to find a taxi.

Enjoy your stay at Zaragoza

zaragoza
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport from Zaragoza airport??

Hi Senoraylan:

You are lucky with the Chocolate con churros:

Just in fron your Hotel-about 100 mts-you have an air-open place to have it,the only thing is that you have to take it stand up there or just walking around.If you prefer a bar you have someones around your Hotel,in the same plaza.Don´t get 'panic' at night with all the pedestrian trafic around;your Hotel is just in the middle of Casco Viejo with a lot of Tapas Bar,Pubs and so.

If you go to the Plaza de España there´s is a small-inside street called EL Tubo-very well knowed by everyone-where you can take all kind of tapas.Also try to go to the Plaza Santa Marta,with a lot of typical Tapas Bar,and so on...plenty of Tapas everywhere!

London
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport from Zaragoza airport??

As far as I remember, you can find chocolate con churros in almost every cafeterias and bars, specially in the morning. Try Calle San Miguel, right in the centre, off Paseo de la Independencia. I also recommend some cafes around the Plaza del Pilar.

For tapas, I would say everywhere, but I found amazing the atmosphere in Plaza de Santa Marta, Calle Mayor, and one very special restaurant called "El Fuelle" in Calle Mayor, a lot of typical spanish and aragonese food, watch out the decoration.

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport from Zaragoza airport??

Many thanks to both of you for your advice & we shall certainly visit the places you have suggested.

Kowloon, we are never worried about pedestrian traffic - this is part of why we love Spain so much - the seeing & being seen, especially in the evening is just great.... but thanks for the advice.

jmguzm, we'll definitely try El Fuelle. Re the chocolate con churros, yes, we know you can get them in most bars in the morning, but we like to find a proper churreria for desayuno.

zaragoza
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Transport from Zaragoza airport??

Sure you enjoyed a lot your weekend over here.Not much time for everything but I would also recomend La Aljaferia,An Arab Palace which is now the main office of Aragon goberment,and of course the 2 basilics: El Pilar and La Seo (both in the same Plaza)and you also have the typical city tourist bus to drop on and off.

Anyway,you´ll have to come back for the Expo 2008..Zaragoza is going to change a lot for it!!

Get answers to your questions about Zaragoza