We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Parking in Zaragoza

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
56 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Parking in Zaragoza

We will be in Zaragoza for 3 nights toward the end of April as part of a 6 week tour of Spain. Can anyone tell me how the parking system works?

We won't be using our car while we are in the city, it's really a means of transporting our family around the country and we prefer to explore the city on foot. We have hired a small car (there are only 3 of us) and I understand that parking is not free.

But do we book a space in advance? Can we do it when we book the room or does it need to be done separately. I can't see any way of booking it through TA. Do we email the hotel? Does every hotel have email? Or is it 'pot luck' (as we say in New Zealand) that we can get a parking space close to our hotel?

We have found a hotel in the centre with private parking that we would like to book but have no idea how to secure a parking space for our time in Zaragoza?

Any help and advice would be much appreciated/

Mentioned in this post
Zaragoza
Zaragoza
Province of Zaragoza, Spain
Spain
Spain
Europe
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
65,716 posts
3,733 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Parking in Zaragoza

antipodeannz:

You usually contact the hotel by email to reserve a place in the parking garage. The cost is usually 11 euros a day, or a bit more. Commercial garages may charge 25 euros a day.

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Parking in Zaragoza

Yes, as Benny says, the best way is to contact your hotel and they will help you with the booking.

PS. You live in a lovely corner of the world. Was in the Bay (stayed in Mount Manganui) in 2008 and absolutely loved it.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
65,716 posts
3,733 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Parking in Zaragoza

Very few hotels in Spain have very large parking garages where you do not need a reservation. Hotels in the center of cities usually have a limited space.

The only hotel I know that has a very large parking garage is the Hotel Al-Andalus in Seville. However the hotel is not located downtown but in the suburbs and was built for the Seville Expo in 1992, and the hotel has a very large lot.

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Seville
Seville
Province of Seville, Spain
Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
56 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Parking in Zaragoza

Benny, thank you again, you're very knowledgeable. Jose Antonio, yes the Bay of Plenty is a really nice place to live, we're out of town a little on 15 acres. However, Spain is beautiful too and we loved Barcelona and Salamanca last time. And the food and wine and the people, well that's why we've been saving and planning to come back.

Thank you both, I will email the hotel.

Mentioned in this post
ANTONIO
ANTONIO
217 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Spain
Spain
Europe
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Salamanca
Salamanca
Province of Salamanca, Spain
5. Re: Hotel Parking in Zaragoza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2014, 05:17