We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping in Asturias

Bath
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Camping in Asturias

We are heading to North Spain in August in our Camper with two small children and looking for recommendation of places to camp. As we intend to move around a bit, I wan't to stay only 3 nights in each camp site and I am finding a lot of the campsites have a min 7 days booking. Can anyone recommend campsites which my take shorter bookings, we hope to stay walking distance from beaches and restaurants. Also a lot of the web sites show quite built up and packed sites, are there any which are a bit more chilled out??

Thanks

Naturaller
Sightseeing Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing, Hiking & Camping Tours, Ski & Snow Tours
Zenit Experiencias
Nature & Wildlife Tours, River Rafting & Tubing, Hiking & Camping Tours
Mochiland Deporte y Naturaleza
Equipment Hire, Kayaking & Canoeing, Bike Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Monasterio de Corias
Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Cantabria
Destination Expert
for Cantabria
Level Contributor
1,857 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping in Asturias

Yes you're probably going to have probelms finding places to book for a short space of time. However, in my experience, there are also sites which don't actually allow people to book full stop, so sometimes have more space as a result, however obviously nothing is guaranteed (esp in August), and you might get a spot, you might not. A couple of such sites we've stayed at and got lucky have been San Pelayo in Potes (up in the mountains) and El Rosal in San Vicente de la Barquera, both in Cantabria, not sure about Asturias I'm afraid, but maybe there are similar places, where again, you can't book in advance. For example, when we've stayed at San Pelayo, which we do a couple of times a year, we ring in the morning to find out what the likelihood is, and they're quite good at giving an idea, El Rosal we've done the same too. Both are in very popular places however, so you never know what you might get.

Asturias
Level Contributor
346 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping in Asturias

Have a look at Camping La Paz, which will probably do 3 nights .... it's certainly in a good location and gets good reviews if you do a search on the internet. It is in Eastern Asturias, about 10 minutes drive East of Llanes and on the coast with a beach right by the site. Nice coastal walks around there as well, with the chance to see the 'bufones' (geysers of water that shoot up through the rocks) if the tide and wind are in alignment.

All camp sites will be packed in August, so get your booking in NOW!

It's web site is http://www.campinglapaz.com.

3. Re: Camping in Asturias

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 14:40