We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oviedo/Gijon to Leon

Brighton, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Oviedo/Gijon to Leon

Hi

We are staying near LLanes (after a trip to Bilbao and Potes) but considering an overnight trip by train to Leon from Gijon/Oviedo travelling with 2 young children. My questions are:

1) Is the train journey scenic over the mountains?

2) Is there anywhere safe and secure to leave our vehicle with our luggage overnight at the station in either Oviedo or Gijon?

3) Is there anything in particular that is a must for children in Leon?

4) Is this 2 day/1 night trip worth the effort? or is there 'an equivalent' along the coast? bearing in mind we will have been walking in the picos for a few days already.

I would be grateful for any advice!

thanks

Asturias
Level Contributor
344 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oviedo/Gijon to Leon

I doubt if there is an overnight train from Gijon/Oviedo to Leon as the journey is 2 to 2.5 hrs long and I cannot recall an overnight service along there.

In terms of what to do in Leon with children; you'll get a better response if you ask in that section of tripadvisor.

Brighton, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Oviedo/Gijon to Leon

Thanks for your reply. We are intending to travel in the morning, stay overnight in a hotel and travel back the next day. Is the journey worth the trip?

3. Re: Oviedo/Gijon to Leon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 06:16