We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train station confusion

california
Level Contributor
367 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
train station confusion

I've booked the overnight train from Gijon to Barcelona.

The renfe site and the ticket say the station is Gijon-Cer. All attempts to search for stations tell me 'Cercanias' means local trains and this is obviously not.

Are these station(s) all close together/same place? or are they scattered about town? How hard will it be to find the right place to take my train?

Are there lockers or a left luggage facility at Gijon-Cer or other train station or close by?

I will also be turning in a rental car (haven't picked company yet) what should I know about that? Luggage question is because I might want to turn in car a few - several hours before my train and will have left hotel in early morning.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train station confusion

As far as I know there is only one Renfe station in Gijon. Apparently you will be boarding the TREN HOTEL at the Gijon-Cercanias station at 8:48 pm. It's a commuter rail service that takes you Oviedo to catch the Tren Hotel.

Essex, UK
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: train station confusion

Yes there is only one train station, Cercanias trains leave from there as well as normal trains.

From memory I think there are luggage lockers there...

3. Re: train station confusion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Gijon