We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

santander cash machines in gijon

Which Gijon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
merseyside
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Topic
santander cash machines in gijon

my daughter will be going to the university in gijon in january does anyone know if there are santander cash machines in the area as she is a santander bank account holder and i believe cash withdrawals are free from a santander cash machine

Oviedo, Spain
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: santander cash machines in gijon

Hy nette14

I’m not sure if this is what you are looking for:

https://www.bancosantander.es/cssa/Satellite…

Where it says “ introduzca una direccion o codigo postal” just type Gijon

Hope this helps.

merseyside
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: santander cash machines in gijon

thankyou miguel0 that information was a great help

Yarm
Level Contributor
645 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: santander cash machines in gijon

Hi

Am looking into this following the demise of free withdrawals abroad from Nationwide accounts. I am sure I have read somewhere that you only get free withdrawals from Santander branches as long as you have at least £1000 paid in to the account. I also think this has to be " the zero "account .

If I find out for sure I will let you know.

Regards

Sheila

Yarm
Level Contributor
645 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: santander cash machines in gijon

Yes it looks as if this current account is called the zero account and you need to pay in at least £1000 a month and have a couple of direct debits coming out. As we always almost go to Spain each year I'm going down to Santander and asking if I can transfer our existing account to one of these.

Yarm
Level Contributor
645 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: santander cash machines in gijon

Me again re the ATM's. I have called into my Sanatander branch. It is the zero current account that gives permanent free withdrawals in Santander's ATMs. However you can only open one if you have a mortgage or investments ( stock market type not savings) with Santander and pay in at least £1000 per month. The receptionist said that sometimes in the summer they allow free withdrawals for other current account users but it is not a permanent thing. She also said though that she was hoping that in the future they would introduce it across the range of their current accounts. So am I.

Sheila

Edited: 05 November 2010, 19:10
merseyside
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: santander cash machines in gijon

thanks sheila i looked into it as well it said on the back of one of my statements free cash withdrawals from santander atms in spain for debit card holders so i assumed this was the case but i have been told the same as you so she will have to pay the 1% charge from her nationwide account as a student who will have no income i was hoping she would be able to avoid this has any students in gijon got any other ideas

7. Re: santander cash machines in gijon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Gijon