We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What towns/cities to see near Oviedo???

Athens
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
154 reviews
Save Topic
What towns/cities to see near Oviedo???

Hopefully will be spending 4 or 5 days in Oviedo with friends who have a home there..end of July..What are some of the cities/charming towns nearby to see??I am not so interested in landscapes etc as I am in charming towns..fishing villages etc.Many thxs!

Asturias
Level Contributor
346 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What towns/cities to see near Oviedo???

Fishing villages - Luarca, Lastres, Cudillero, Ribadesella, Llanes

Towns - Gijon is pleasant and vibrant

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,662 posts
3,726 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What towns/cities to see near Oviedo???

philosykos:

When I was in Oviedo I took day trips by bus to Llanes and Gijon from the bus terminal. Enjoyed those cities.

A very good and inexpensive restaurant in Oviedo:

El Ovetense

San Juan, 6

Tel: 985-220-207

This restaurant has the best menu of the day. Very economical but wonderful food served in large quantities. It is located in a hotel and the dining room is on the second floor. The restaurant is not too big, but it is very clean and has white table cloths. Try the paella, which is wonderful. The bacalao a la Vizcaina is great. The second day we went there, my wife and I ordered only one menu of the day because the quantities were so large that we were both satisfied just eating one menu.

Edited: 30 May 2013, 11:47
Athens
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What towns/cities to see near Oviedo???

Many thxs to both of you! Is Leon a good option on the way to Oviedo or upon return to Madrid as we will go by car???

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,662 posts
3,726 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What towns/cities to see near Oviedo???

I like Leon very much. Be sure to see the beautiful parador there, one of the best in Spain. The Cathedral is also great.

Nearby is the town of Astorga. The Archbishop's Palace there was designed by Gaudi and is now a museum. It has a wonderful Plaza Mayor.

Athens
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What towns/cities to see near Oviedo???

Many thxs!

6. Re: What towns/cities to see near Oviedo???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Oviedo