We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long overdue Trip Report!!!

Athens
Level Contributor
1,606 posts
154 reviews
Save Topic
Long overdue Trip Report!!!

I was in Oviedo in July..this very short and sweet trip report is long overdue..and I have a Bucharest report to write as well for this past October..So here goes!

Flew to Madrid where I spent a day enjoying the city once again and seeing a couple friends.I always enjoy Madrid!The Sorolla Museum is lovely by the way....a friend took me and I loved it!The patio/garden area..a little gem..! I actually stayed in ALPEDRETE which is a small town outside Madrid..lovely...just because my friends I was going to Oviedo with live there.,I stayed at a lovely Pension (see reviews).After a day in Madrid we head off for Oviedo..my friend is actually from there.It was a lovely drive.We arrived Oviedo where I got settled in my booked Pension in city center(see reviews) Hostal Alvarez! Excellent location! I could have stayed at my friends place about 10 minutes outside city center,but as I like a bit of space to go round as I please..taking photos etc,I thought it was a good idea.It was! I had my early morning free time to explore the city and take photos etc.The location was dead center!

First day we spent having lunch n Oviedo and going round the town ....a beautiful city!Very compact..clean and tidy.. with an aristocratic flare to it.

Calle Uria is lined with shops and its so easy to find your way..to one end of it the Train Station..the other ends leads to Old Town..Mercado Fontana.I loved the many statues round town and we had great fun taking photos of them and with them! Woody Allen statue included!

Everyday we headed out to visit the surrounding cities and towns.Gijon.....Avilles...Asturias mountains...The whole area is so beautiful and green!

When in Oviedo..be sure to visit the Mercado..have Turron ice-cream...bollo prenao...Cider....at a sideria!!!.Enjoy the city.!

Any questions feel free to ask...! have photos on facebook..if interested msg me for a link!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,996 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long overdue Trip Report!!!

Excellent trip report, I will add Oviedo to my list.

Stay in touch and keep me updated with your latest travel plans.

Athens
Level Contributor
1,606 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long overdue Trip Report!!!

Many thxs! Its a city in Northern Spain not to be missed! Certainly overlooked by many..but in general Asturias is a lovely area.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Long overdue Trip Report!!!

I am also going to see friends and would like to bring gifts. What is sought after from the U.S. over there? I need something for my friend, her husband and two young children (one bou and one girl).

Athens
Level Contributor
1,606 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long overdue Trip Report!!!

To be honest I do not think anything is "sought after" from U.S........You can find everything in Europe and more..I would just say get them as you like or ask them if there is anything special they may want.

O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
6,124 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Long overdue Trip Report!!!

RadioApril I agree with the above advice. So take them out for a meal at a restaurant of their choosing.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,266 posts
3,655 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Long overdue Trip Report!!!

philosykos:

Good report! I enjoyed my trip to Oviedo in the past.

Athens
Level Contributor
1,606 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Long overdue Trip Report!!!

Yes its a lovely city! Beautiful! I shall go back Benny!

Athens
Level Contributor
1,606 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Long overdue Trip Report!!!

I had the best Turron ice cream there..Benny.,.is there a good place in Malaga for Turon ice cream??

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,266 posts
3,655 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Long overdue Trip Report!!!

philosykos:

Go to Casa Mira on Calle Nueva, 20.

Athens
Level Contributor
1,606 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Long overdue Trip Report!!!

Ok..will note.zcan bollo prenau be found in any Malaga bakery??Or maybe supermarket?