We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips bypublic transport and live music

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
379 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips bypublic transport and live music

We're planning nine days in Asturias, but rather than keep changing locations, thought we'd base ourselves in Oviedo and look for places to go by bus and train. I'm thinking Ribadesella for the Tito Bustillo cave; the Somiedo natural park; maybe Cangas de Onis. We'e previously visited Aviles and Gijon, so they might be on again. But does anyone else have any good ideas? Is there anywhere that's good for snorkelling?

And while we're staying in Oviedo, are there any suggestions for places to see live music? Probably something rootsy - blues, or local folk music, maybe. Thanks

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,117 posts
3,577 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips bypublic transport and live music

Jack:

When I visited Oviedo, I saw that my hotel could book me for several day trips. We took the one that took us to the Picos de Europa and Cangas de Onis. At this last place, there is a good restaurant beside the Roman Bridge.

So check with your hotel.

Asturias
Level Contributor
344 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips bypublic transport and live music

Alas, Blues is in very short supply and you have missed the July Bueno Jazz Festival in Oviedo which also has gospel and blues on the menu ..... best ask when you get there and if you find something .... I'd be most interested to here where it is.

'Local' folk music comprises of generally a singer, bagpipes and if you're lucky, a drummer thrown in along with some dancers ..... not everybody's 'cup of tea'.

Re: Tito Bustillo ..... in high season best to book in advance .... this means generally going there when you arrive and buying a 'time slotted' ticket ... generally for the next day.

Edited: 19 August 2014, 21:59
Asturias
Level Contributor
344 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips bypublic transport and live music

Just had a quick peer on the internet and it seems you can book on-line here -> central.recreaasturias.es/index.php…

Note that children under 7 are not allowed.

4. Re: Day trips bypublic transport and live music

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 06:17