We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madrid to Pamplona in a Morning?

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Madrid to Pamplona in a Morning?

Hi,

I am heading to the middle weekend of running with the Bulls this year. I was going to fly in from London to Bilbao with plenty of time to meet my friends in Pamplona that lunchtime. However, it looks like I will be working in Madrid the whole week prior.

What would be the best and fastest way to get from Madrid to Pamplona on the Friday morning? Excluding driving.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Cantabria
Destination Expert
for Cantabria
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Madrid to Pamplona in a Morning?

You can do it by ALSA bus, www.alsa.es, takes 5 hours with a change in Soria, but you could get there by lunch time just if you left early (don't forget Spanish lunchtime is later than English lunchtime!).

Quicker though would be the train, www.renfe.es, of which there are two in the mornings. More expensive, but only 3 hours.

Whatever you do, book well in advance if it's San Fermin week, on both of those websites you can book online, I wouldn't leave it until you get to Madrid.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Madrid to Pamplona in a Morning?

Thanks, thats a great help. Will book this week!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,621 posts
3,653 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Madrid to Pamplona in a Morning?

Raton:

Read Buying Renfe Tickets Online.

4. Re: Madrid to Pamplona in a Morning?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 09:17