We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses from Logrono to Bilbao

Which Bilbao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Buses from Logrono to Bilbao

Sorry have posted before in regards to bus from Logrono to Bilbao in May. Have checked the bus web site and it seems that I cant book the bus till about 3 weeks out, would this be correct and do I need to book as I think there is about 4 buses a day to Bilbao. What would be the chances of not getting a seat? I know it isnt the peak time but I do believe it can still be busy.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
Level Contributor
6,038 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses from Logrono to Bilbao

I don't think you need to worry about advance booking -- picking up your ticket the day before would be fine.

sydney
Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses from Logrono to Bilbao

The only problem with booking the day before I dont know what time we will get into Logrono as we are arriving by foot. That will be the last day of our walk from St Jean Pied De Port so I am sure we will be tired.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,038 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses from Logrono to Bilbao

The bus station is only about a kilometre from the pilgrim refuge in Logrono. Once you drop off your packs, it will be a breeze.

sydney
Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Buses from Logrono to Bilbao

Thanks banff !! I am not sure yet where we are staying yet in Logrono as we are doing a self guided tour where are luggage is taking ahead and we only have to walk with a day pack - easy way out. Still trying to find out from tour company where we are staying and i do know it wont be in a Hostel. Have asked the company to try and find out how far we will be from bus stop. You wouldnt happen to know the hours of the bus stop terminal? I know it is a better option to take the bus to Bilbao as there is about 4 a day that leave Logrono .And only about 2 trains a day. Also if I remember the bus was quicker.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,038 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buses from Logrono to Bilbao

The buses are excellent -- modern and comfortable -- and I'm sure you'll be pleased with that choice.

Sorry, I don't know the hours of the bus station.

It is very likely that your tour company will book you close to the camino and to the cathedral -- there are lots of hotels of all classes in that area. The bus station is only a few blocks from the cathedral. I think you'll be fine. If you continue to be concerned, you can always go to an internet cafe a few days before you get to Logrono and book online.

Also, if memory serves me, as you walk into Logrono, you pass right by an excellent Turismo at the north end of the bridge. The multilingual folks there will be able to help you with any questions or concerns about booking or catching your bus.

Hong Kong, China
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Buses from Logrono to Bilbao

Hello,

How much does it cost to take either a bus or train from Bilbao to Logrono or vice-versa? And how long does it take?

Thanks in advance,

fh

Hong Kong, China
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Buses from Logrono to Bilbao

Hello,

How much does it cost to take either a bus or train from Bilbao to Logrono or vice-versa? And how long does it take?

Thanks in advance,

fh

sydney
Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Buses from Logrono to Bilbao

Hi foongha y - I took the bus from Logronr to Bilbao a couple of months ago. It was very easy and not expensive cant really remember exactly maybe about 12 euros you can check on the bus web site it will give you the times and prices. Only took about one and half hours. If you want to book on the web site you can only book 3 weeks out from your departure. But as mentioned before you can easily buy a ticket on the day and there is about 4 buses running each day.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buses from Logrono to Bilbao

We are doing a part of the camino and end our part in Logrono, Would like to head to the coast for a bit of r&r, but dont think the weather is great in San Sabastien. Any ideas how we might travel to sitges or somewhere similar.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buses from Logrono to Bilbao

We are staying in Logrono over night as our part of the camino, We are then going on to Santander. Can you advise which is best way to travel, Bus or Train. From what I can see there is only bus and it takes about 8 hours, I might be totally wrong. Help