We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming pool in Bilbao

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Swimming pool in Bilbao

Hello,

I am travelling with a friend to Bilbao next week for BBK Live festival. The festival doesn’t start till 4.30pm each day so before this time we are planning to have a look round Bilbao, go to the beach and enjoy some Tapas! We were also thinking it would be nice to find an outdoor pool, does anyone know of a hotel or somewhere else where we can pay to use a pool for a few hours? If nothing else it would be nice to find somewhere we could get a shower as suspect Spanish festivals are very much like British ones!

Any other suggestions for how to fill our days before the music starts will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

J

Bilbao
Level Contributor
278 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming pool in Bilbao

Several local sports centres have open air swimming pools in summer. They are open from 9,00 to 21,00 h., and there you can take a shower, too.

One which is near Kobetas is "Polideportivo de Recalde" at Carretera Errekalde-Larraskitu, 53.

http://maps.google.es/maps?hl=es&tab=wl

I don't know the price, but I think it won't be expensive...

Cantabria
Destination Expert
for Cantabria
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming pool in Bilbao

You could also take the funicular: www.bilbao.net/cs/Satellite…

It takes you from the river up to the hill above, where there are swimming pools, bars and wonderful views back over Bilbao (and the BBK site).

As for hotels with pools, you may find that more difficult, I know the Barcelo Avenida has a spa with pool, but that's on the other side of Bilbao, so probably not much use to you.

Going out and about in the morning sounds like a great idea, but be aware that everyday just before the bands start there will be long long queues to get on the buses in Bilbao, and also long queues at the entrance to the site too. I would try and get back as early as possible to avoid that.

Certainly a few years ago there was no such thing as showers at BBK! Not even bad ones! This may have changed since then, but certainly it used to be very very basic festival camping.

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimming pool in Bilbao

Thank you both very much for swimming pool info and for the advise about queues later in the day, we hadn't thought of that!

Cheers

J

4. Re: Swimming pool in Bilbao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 March 2012, 17:35
Edited: 01 March 2012, 17:35
5. Re: Swimming pool in Bilbao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 21:14