We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do & Where to Stay

Which Bilbao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pleasanton...
Level Contributor
105 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
What to do & Where to Stay

Live near San Francisco. Vacationed in Europe last several years (great trips) using Public Trans. Next year -> Spain, and I have done hundreds of itineraries, none of which I care for the flights (SFO to and from). But I have never considered Basque. Looking at SFO to BIO and returning MAD to SFO -> kind of happy with what I see (prices and TIME!). Will use Vueling or AVE trains to get around elsewhere.

So if the wife and I were to arrive BIO late September 2012, and we will be wasted when we arrive (the first night), and if we were to plan 2 more full days and nights, absolutely using Public Trans, where would we stay and what would we do? We love historical sights, shopping sights, good restaurants, a good museum/gallery (no more than one), and okay with a 1/2 or full day guided tour.

Bilbao, Spain
Destination Expert
for Bilbao, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country, La Rioja
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do & Where to Stay

In my blog as a local you can find useful suggestions on what to do, www.blogseitb.us/basquetourism. There´s a post on what to do in Bilbao if you visit for two days.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,687 posts
3,576 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do & Where to Stay

Marty:

Our hotel was the Silken Indautxu Hotel, a 4 star hotel, located near the downtown area. It turned out to be a mid size hotel, very modern, and the room was very large. What I liked about the hotel was that it was quiet and it had a beautiful and large lobby.

You will of course see the Guggenheim Museum. Besides that, there is the Bellas Artes Museum, one of the best in Spain. I have to say that I enjoyed the latter more than the first because I prefer figurative art rather than avant garde art.

3. Re: What to do & Where to Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2012, 06:16