We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Left Luggage in Bilbao

London England
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Left Luggage in Bilbao

We are staying in an apartment with a check out time of 11:00am Our flight home isn't til 22:00. Does anyone know of any left luggage places where we can safely put our suitcases during the day?

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Left Luggage in Bilbao

The bus station has plenty of luggage lockers and you can also check luggage. You shouldn't have a problem leaving the luggage.

London England
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Left Luggage in Bilbao

Do you mean the bus station Mames?

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Left Luggage in Bilbao

No, Termibus, the main bus terminal in Bilbao.

http://www.termibus.es/index.php?idi=en

London England
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Left Luggage in Bilbao

Thanks I have found it on my city map. That's where we will get the bus to San Sebastian so we can check it out beforehand

Barbara

Cantabria
Destination Expert
for Cantabria
Level Contributor
1,828 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Left Luggage in Bilbao

The bus station is near San Mames (football stadium and metro stop), which is probably what you're seeing on the map when you say Mames. However, if you're getting a bus to San Sebastian, you might be better going straight there from the airport, there are direct buses hourly with PESA, www.pesa.net (Bilbao airport is called Loiu). The only thing I'm not sure about is whether there is left luggage in SS bus station, maybe someone can help with this?

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Left Luggage in Bilbao

Yes there are lockers at the San Sebastian "station". I put station in quotes as it is not a traditional bus station with a dedicated building but just an open area where the buses arrive & depart. Each bus company has offices located on a couple of streets nearby. If there's any confusion on where to purchase tickets there's a large map in the area where the buses are located. The lockers I used were located inside one of the individual bus company offices (Pesa). I'n not sure if other companies had them but there were plenty open (in September).

Edited: 15 November 2011, 16:25
London England
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Left Luggage in Bilbao

thanks everyone If we have to leave our lugggage at the bus station on Sunday - our last day- we'll probably take the bus to the airport from there Barbara

8. Re: Left Luggage in Bilbao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2012, 10:23
Get answers to your questions about Bilbao