We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bilbao to Logrono - Sunday 3rd June - 17.15 arrival

Warrington
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bilbao to Logrono - Sunday 3rd June - 17.15 arrival

Hi Folks, can anyone help me with transfer info from Bilbao to Logrono travelling on a Sunday?? And arriving at approx 17.15 (via esay jet). It's my partners 50th Birthday present, and he adores Rioja wine...so I thought I would pick the "perfect holiday" by spending 5 days in the Riojan region...only to find that the transfer info from Bilbao to Logrono is a bit of a nightmare especially when we dont land till after 5pm and on a Sunday! If any one can suggest any ideas for transfers I would gladly appreciate. Stress!! thanks, sally!

Mentioned in this post
Bilbao
Bilbao
Province of Vizcaya, Spain
Logrono
Logrono
La Rioja, Spain
Cantabria
Destination Expert
for Cantabria
Level Contributor
1,957 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bilbao to Logrono - Sunday 3rd June - 17.15 arrival

There are 2 buses on a Sunday afternoon Bilbao to Logroño, the bus timetable site for BIlbao is www.termibus.es , although Logroño is spelt strangely on there with some random symbols. The buses are run by Autobuses La Union, www.autobuseslaunion.com, check out this link for the BIlbao Logroño timetable: autobuseslaunion.com/PDF/Bilbao-Logro%F1o.pdf There is by the looks of it at bus at 1900, and one at 2100 getting into Logroño at 2235, which is just in time for dinner Spanish time! And would give you time to leave your bags in the lockers at the bus station and take the tram to the Guggenheim and see that too (even if you're not interested in the art, the buildling is worth it, and a nice walk along the river to the old town, where you could get the tram back to the bus station).

Mentioned in this post
Bilbao
Bilbao
Warrington
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bilbao to Logrono - Sunday 3rd June - 17.15 arrival

Many thanks for the response about the bus timetable, it's been a great help. I think we will go for the 1900 bus and we are actually staying in Logrono for 5 nights, and our accommodation is already booked, so hopefully it will give us enough time to see the fabulous sights including Guggenheim, the walk along the river and many other things that I hope we get the chance to see!.Thanks once again, your advise and recommendations are most helpful. Sally

Mentioned in this post
Logrono
Logrono
La Rioja, Spain
Cantabria
Destination Expert
for Cantabria
Level Contributor
1,957 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bilbao to Logrono - Sunday 3rd June - 17.15 arrival

Glad that was of help. Just to confirm, the Guggenheim is in central Bilbao, hence my suggestion that the wait at the bus station in Bilbao could be spent going to visit it, leaving your luggage in the lockers in Bilbao bus station.

Mentioned in this post
Bilbao
Bilbao
Warrington
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bilbao to Logrono - Sunday 3rd June - 17.15 arrival

Oops...thanks for the clarification! I didn;t realise that the Guggenheim is in Bilbao! If there's time to visit that before we catch the bus at 7pm to Logrono then that will definatley be on the list if, not we have a few hours to spare on our return journey home, and we will be catching the bus back again from Logrono to Bilbao I think we will have an hour or 2 spare then, so hopefully we can see it then. Thanks again,and for the extra tip it was exceptionally useful.

Best Regards, Sally

Mentioned in this post
Bilbao
Bilbao
Logrono
Logrono
La Rioja, Spain
5. Re: Bilbao to Logrono - Sunday 3rd June - 17.15 arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 02:16