We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Stay in June

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
883 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
Short Stay in June

Hi,

Unfortunately our timetable is quite hectic, so it looks like we will only have about 24 hours in Bilbao in late June.

We will be arriving mid morning by bus from San Sebastian, and we have to leave the next day at around midday for a flight to London.

So, once I decide on somewhere to stay, I guess the main reason for the short visit is to attend the Guggenheim Museum. I expect we will visit the Museum in the afternoon and into the evening.

So - my questions please, if you would be so kind........Is an afternoon/evening sufficient time to have a good visit of the Museum? And, how would you make the best use of the remainder of our short time there?

Night time after Guggenheim closes and morning before heading to the airport?

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions......and I know, I know....we should be spending more time in Bilbao, but unfortunately on this occasion it is not to be.

Thanks again, Steve

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
58,482 posts
3,578 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short Stay in June

Mullos:

The last time I went to the Guggenheim last summer, I spen about 2 hours and saw everything.

If you have time, see the Museo de Bellas Artes, one of the top 5 fine arts museums in Spain. I actually prefer this museum to the Guggenheim.

2. Re: Short Stay in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2015, 16:41
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
883 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short Stay in June

Thanks guys

Sounds great.....I'm sure my wife will want to visit the Museo de Bellas Artes as well now that you've recommended it. The major reason for our hit and run visit is to see the Guggenheim - after visiting the Guggenheim in New York she now wants to see all of them around the world !

I'm happy to eat and drink my way around the world with her !

Thanks for the advice, it's very much appreciated

Steve

Bilbao, España
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Short Stay in June

Good afternoon Mullos1962 :

About the time spent in the visit it depends on your likes. I mean somebody take 3 seconds looking at a Pollock painting while other takes 10 minutes.

It is worthy strolling the city through the promenade close the river. You can pay a visit to the Fine Arts Museum as mentioned but also to the Bizkaia Brigde ( Listed World Heritage ).

Using Bilbao as basecamp for a next visit you can visit coastal towns as Bakio ( San Juan de Gaztelugatxe ), Mundaka, Lekeitio, ... but also other close cities as Burgos or Zumaia FLYSCH.

Best regards.

5. Re: Short Stay in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2014, 07:18