We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bilbao to Madrid by Air

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
23 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Bilbao to Madrid by Air

In searching the forums I was led to Easyjet for inexpensive flight from Bilbao to Madrid. According to their site this route isn't available. Then Iberia wants $255 USD for a one way flight in October. Too $$$. Any place else I should be checking? Thanks for any input....

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,080 posts
3,606 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bilbao to Madrid by Air

RedWar:

Vueling is a low cost airline that I fly all the time. The price of the flight depends on the day of the week.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,069 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bilbao to Madrid by Air

Cheapest airfares would be with www.aireuropa.com

Bilbao, Spain
Destination Expert
for Bilbao, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country, La Rioja
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bilbao to Madrid by Air

Since Ryanair and Easyjet quit this route, due to the high taxes of Madrid airport, it´s become really expensive to fly to Madrid. I do recommend train or bus, much cheaper and very convenient. And you´ll be in Madrid in just 3,5 hours (train) or 4,5 (bus).

4. Re: Bilbao to Madrid by Air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 August 2013, 09:35
Edited: 13 August 2013, 09:35
Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
8,215 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bilbao to Madrid by Air

Bilbao to Madrid takes only 4 hours 52 minutes on the afternoon train for example, a flight would take 3 or even 4 hours once you factor in the trips out to the airport and all the check-in time.

So it's hardly much slower, and much more relaxed.

You can book a Bilbao to Madrid train from as little as €19.90 at the Spanish railways website www.renfe.com. You print your own ticket.

If you see a Preferente class fare from as little as €30.85 go for it, as it includes an at-seat hot tray meal, served with wine, coffee and liqueurs.

I used one of these excellent high-speed Alvia trains myself between Madrid and Santander last year, in Preferente with the meal, and it was great. The scenery isn't bad either.

Cantabria
Destination Expert
for Cantabria
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bilbao to Madrid by Air

If you'd consider adding a bus trip to the mix, you can fly Santander to Madrid cheaply with Ryanair once or twice daily. There are some direct ALSA buses from Bilbao to Santander airport, otherwise you would have to get an ALSA bus to Santander bus station and the shuttle bus to the airport.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
23 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bilbao to Madrid by Air

Thanks everyone for your suggestions....we look forward to this trip!

8. Re: Bilbao to Madrid by Air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2014, 05:16