We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spain Itinerary - Travel Assistance please!

Which San Sebastian - Donostia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Spain Itinerary - Travel Assistance please!

Hello everyone,

My sister and I are looking to travel through Spain in July. We have booked Seville and Granada and are now looking at our journey up to Bilbao to get to San Sebastian, Biarritz and conclude in Barcelona.

I think we will fly from Seville to Bilbao but I was wondering about the rest of the journeys. Obviously you can get a bus from Bilbao airport to San Seb but I was wondering if somebody could help me out with how to get up to Biarritz, and how many nights to spend there? Also, what is the best way to get from San Seb or Biarritz back to Barcelona? I understand there is a bus - does anyone know how long this takes, frequency of the buses or the cost of this trip? Also, can you get a bus from Bilbao straight to Biarritz?

Sorry for all the questions! Thanks very much for your time, it is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Anna

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,226 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spain Itinerary - Travel Assistance please!

Flights Seville to Bilbao and Bilbao to Barcelona www.vueling.com

Bus Bilbao to San Sebastian www.alsa.es

Bus Bilbao to Biarritz www.pesa.net

Bus Bilbao to Barcelona www.alsa.es

How many nights to stay in Biarritz, you can decide after experiencing San Sebastian.

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spain Itinerary - Travel Assistance please!

I spent 3 nights in Biarritz and could have easily just spent 2. However, I am a big fan of San Sebastian and the Spanish Basque country so I could be a bit biased. If you do visit Biarritz I would include a daytrip to Bayonne. In fact, you could base yourself in Bayonne and daytrip to Biarritz - it depends on your interests.

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spain Itinerary - Travel Assistance please!

Bayonne has the excellent museum of Basque culture.

4. Re: Spain Itinerary - Travel Assistance please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2010, 06:17