We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Perla Spa

nj
4 posts
Save Topic
La Perla Spa

Hello

For those who have been, quick question on making a reservation here. Do we need to book a circuit or massage in advance or is it something we can decide last minute, or "walk-in"?

TIA

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Perla Spa

It probably depends on the time of year. we visited the end of September and booked a spa package (including the circuit) in advance. It wasn't too crowded so we probably could have done the spa circuit as a walk up.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,277 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Perla Spa

AlbertaPeng is a big fan of La Perla. She advised me to avoid weekend crowds. We'll go on a Monday when many of the pintxo bars are closed.

alberta
Level Contributor
562 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Perla Spa

AlbertaPeng is a crazazay big fan of la Perla !!! ;)

OMG it is great...one of the finest I have ever visited in the world ... the sea water pools and circuits ~ the absolute finest ! As soon as I get there in October I will be dumping my luggage in the hotel and crossing the street to La Perla lol

You can always get into the pools or gym.....they are seperate though...you cant go to the gym for an hour and then the pools for the rest of your time. One or the other... and honest...the pools on thier own rate right up thier with massages etc.

Walk in no problem..but like I had shared with Gigi-mum is that the weekends are very busy... even with that though... very well run and enjoyable even when busy.

I def would pay the few euros extra for the 3 hour card instead of the 1.5. I read someone stating that everything 'could be done' in an hour...well I disagree...and kinda counters the point of a relaxation session. If thats all you have then fine though but there are several areas to enjoy...and each unique and worth enjoying.

I bought a 10 visit 3 hr card and have 4 visits left for this fall. I am sure I will be there more than that. I had also bought one of thier lunch/spa combos where you had the most wonderful lunch at la Perla (amazing restaurant btw) and then get 1.5 hr in the pools. I went at all dif times as well.. early in day... afternoon when shops were closed...a couple evenings as well and was great watching the sun go down while relaxing in the panoramic jacuzzi or on a infrared bed. Everyone is relaxed and very respectful of who they are sharing the spas with.

The shower type massagers that are at the entrance to the main water circuit is so strong.... feels incredible.... like a deep tissue massage.

Dont miss the lower level either... multiple saunas, a wonderful room with warm water beds and mood lighting/music... and under water exercise area. As well the coldest pool in the world has to be the cold water one there lol.

It depends on what service you want from the spa as for bookings. They have a large staff and when I was there it was usually just a day for a specialty service. When you get to the main desk (down the stairs) it is just one more set of stairs down for the spa services and there was always someone available who spoke some english.

They do have a very good website detailing thier services...and the prices are up to date.

http://www.la-perla.net/ingles/home.htm

I am sure you could email and prebook if there is a specific package you want. As well...depending on the time of year you go...they offer specials.. like lunch and a massage or lunch and the seawater spa... I think the massage and lunch was 50 E which is ridiculous as the lunch alone is usually 20E and really is wonderful.

Can ya tell how much I love this place !!?? lol

hope this helped...if you have any other Q's..feel free to pm me

happy planning

:)

nj
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: La Perla Spa

Great, thanks so much for the details! We just didn't want to have to commit to a day there ahead of time, so now we know we can walk-in one day. We'll be there early May and intend to go during the week. Looking forward to it!

Cantabria
Destination Expert
for Cantabria
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Perla Spa

The circuit there is really good, great value for money. If you decide once you're in there you want more time than the 1hr45 (I think), you can always just stay in and then pay the extra later when you come out, we've done that before. Perfect location too, enjoy!

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Perla Spa

I enjoyed the circuit at LaPerla but there were a couple of things that I didn't like.

I prefer a circuit where it's possible to spend as much (or little) time that you want in each area. At LaPerla there was someone directing us to spend x amount of time in each area. Some of the areas I would have enjoyed spending more time in while others I could have spent less. I've been to several spas in Spain and seen the circuits run both ways.

They provided a robe but it was not very thick. As a result of having to move around on the regimented schedule the robes were soaking wet by the time we were done.

These negatives aside, the setting for the spa is breathtaking and the treatment package after the circuit was incredible. I will definately be returning in September.

alberta
Level Contributor
562 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Perla Spa

"At LaPerla there was someone directing us to spend x amount of time in each area. "

hmmm .. def did not see this on any single day there and went 7 times in 10 days. Maybe that is if you take instruction or a specific package? With the exception of a fitness class in the lower pool a couple times... there was never anyone guiding anyone along.

happy planning

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: La Perla Spa

Hmmm...interesting. I did a package with a circuit, mud wrap and massage. We definately didn't ask for instruction. I was with my friend who is Spanish so there wasn't an issue with misunderstanding language. Maybe next time I'll do it a la carte and see if this changes. Another excuse to go maybe twice next time - once with a package and another time just for the circuit ;)

San Sebastian...
Level Contributor
184 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: La Perla Spa

For the best experience at la perla, go at opening time and book.

PintxoBoy

pintxosboyinsansebastian.wordpress.com/

alberta
Level Contributor
562 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: La Perla Spa

Hi Cathy ! After I posted, I realized that you had a package but lost my window to edit, sorry ;)

I can appreciate the pkg being different as they have to keep thier time window balanced... i enjoyed a la carte as like you...I dont like being rushed but your package sounded like a very nice choice !

They do have some nice packages available though so who knows... I like the sound of your new plan for sure lol I wanted to try a wrap this fall too. Did they use the full body bed shower when you had the mud wrap?

I have to say that just using the pools was by far my favorite... the circuits easy to follow and also having the freedom to spend as much or as little anywhere you wanted. So relaxing ....

Get answers to your questions about San Sebastian...