We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kid friendly hotel with a pool

Richmond
Level Contributor
68 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Kid friendly hotel with a pool

Hi!

We will be in Europe this August with a 6 and 8 year old and need some advise please:

1) Can you suggest a few child friendly hotels with a great swimming pool?

2) Can you suggest a few top things to do in San Sebastian with kids? (unfortunately my kids do not enjoy museums!)

thanks

alberta
Level Contributor
562 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kid friendly hotel with a pool

Hi ! Not sure on the hotel but am sure someone will be able to help you. Knowing your budget would prob help.

As for the kids though, I think there are a few things they might enjoy. The aquarium is very nice and heard many squeals of excitement from kids while in there...esp the underwater walkway and walls of water.

The beaches are very clean, family friendly, and lovely. Better than a pool IMHO ;)

There is a cute little park for kids between the main avenue for beach and the Town Hall. Nice statues, some little rides, ice cream and sweet shops not too far away.

Nice areas to walk with lots of little shops and interesting finds.

Happy Planning

:)

Edited: 29 May 2011, 02:52
San Sebastian...
Level Contributor
184 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kid friendly hotel with a pool

AlbertaPeng is right. I´m sure they will love the aquarium. Also the beaches, especiually Ondarreta are great for kids their ages. Museums no, shame, the science centre is also an obvious choice.

You should also take them up the funicular railway to Igueldo. There is a funpark which dates from the turn of the century, circa 1900, and is great fun.

I would aslo recommend the Cristina Enea park, which has lots of open spaces, playparks and peacocks. The Aiete park is also really beautiful, has a pond with turtles and has loads of spaces to get rid of some energy.

If you are here during the Big Week, there is a whole schedule of activities which you will find on the donosti website (although it´s still 2010 up at the moment) donostia.org/info/…

Also, the firework displays at 22.45 each night are really world class.

Too young for surf lessons?

PintxoBoy

pintxosboyinsansebastian.wordpress.com/

3. Re: Kid friendly hotel with a pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2012, 05:32
Get answers to your questions about San Sebastian...