We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking forward to pintxos, any cider house recommendations?

Peterborough UK
Level Contributor
134 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Looking forward to pintxos, any cider house recommendations?

Mouth is watering for when we get to try the pintxos bars later this month, but for a change, could anyone suggest any cider house bars/food places in town. Won't have a car, and only got 3 nights, so not looking to go into the outer areas or countryside.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,269 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking forward to pintxos, any cider house recommendations?

Ian,

Our very own DE Pintxoboy wrote this excellent article on cider houses recently. There are also some great articles about pintxo bars on his blog.

…wordpress.com/2011/…

My bible for pintxo bars is Todo Pintxos.

http://www.todopintxos.com/home/home.php

They give suggested routes as well as info about specific bars and their pintxos. Organize private pintxo tours too.

San Sebastian...
Level Contributor
184 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking forward to pintxos, any cider house recommendations?

It´s tough choosing a cider house! There are so many and they all seem very similar from the outside. If you are coming this month then you´re off season so a lot will be shut and a lot won't be doing Txotx, which is really part of the fun. Also, if you want to do this by bus, train or taxi then you probably want to concentrate on the towns of Hernani or Astigarraga, which are easy to get to, not far outside san sebastián and are the home of the cider houses.

I´d suggest you try Petritegi, they are open at this time of year, have Txotx and is usually buzzing. It´s about the most popular cider house in Gipuzkoa.

If you fancy a wee bit of research then check out www.sidrerias.ws.

Good luck, hope you enjoy it!

PintxoBoy

pintxosboyinsansebastian.wordpress.com/

Peterborough UK
Level Contributor
134 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking forward to pintxos, any cider house recommendations?

Thanks for everyone's help. Just another 11 days and we'll be there.

San Sebastian...
Level Contributor
184 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking forward to pintxos, any cider house recommendations?

I´m at another cider house tomorrow! Calogne, which is on the Igueldo hill just behind san sebastian and is one which seems to be open all year round. I´ll let you know what it is like.

Hoping the views will be good!

PintxoBoy

pintxosboyinsansebastian.wordpress.com/

alberta
Level Contributor
562 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking forward to pintxos, any cider house recommendations?

oh, so excited to read your post about Calogne!

It is such a bonus for we travellers to have someone who lives this place, to share with us

I can google anything...but your real time experience is what TA is all about...good or bad

lets hope its good !!!

Have fun and cant wait to read about it

:)

6. Re: Looking forward to pintxos, any cider house recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 05:17