We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

san sebastian to bilbao

shofun
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
san sebastian to bilbao

we have a flight from bilbao to madrid, which leaves bilbao at 835am. we will be coming from san sebastian. on pesanet, the earliest bus from san sebastian to bilbao, departs at 630 and arrives bilbao at 740. is this enough time to catch the flight or would it be better to hire a taxi?

thanks

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: san sebastian to bilbao

It's extremely doubtful under any circumstance I can imagine. The airlines typically close the gate 20 minutes before departure. You'll need to consider hiring a private transfer service or take a taxi in order to get you there in time. You can expect to pay anywhere from €130 to €150 for the trip.

Bilbao, Spain
Destination Expert
for Bilbao, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country, La Rioja
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: san sebastian to bilbao

You should be at the airport at 0800 at the latest...it´s just a 15´drive from Bilbao...but at that time it´s rush hour and you may find heavy traffic. I agree with Robert, it´s too tight and a private transfer would be the best option.

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,782 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: san sebastian to bilbao

Ryan Air, Easy Jet and Iberia all operate flights from Bilbao from Madrid. So your choice airline will affect the check-in desk closure.

shofun
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: san sebastian to bilbao

thank you for you replies.

i just realized that pesanet has buses that leave at 5am and 6am which will get me to aeropuerto loiu in plenty of time. i should be good.

San Francisco CA
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: san sebastian to bilbao

I would suggest for you to buy your tickets in advance at the Pesa ticket office in San Sebastian for your departure date to Bilbao, since you are catching the early bus.

shofun
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: san sebastian to bilbao

thank you. i'll probably purchase way in advance online, before i even leave the states for spain.

7. Re: san sebastian to bilbao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 22:17