We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Sebastian For A Week. Long Enough Or Not Enough ?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
San Sebastian For A Week. Long Enough Or Not Enough ?

Planning to spend 7 days in San Sebastian early September with my wife. We want to enjoy all that San Sebastian has to offer plus make some day trips to surrounding non touristy Towns, Villages, beaches as well as going up to Biarritz. Just wondering as I asked is a week long enough or not enough. We will be moving on to Seville & Portugal after this. Thankyou

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,782 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Sebastian For A Week. Long Enough Or Not Enough ?

You may want to stay longer, though you can enjoy Donostia-San Sebastian over a week

www.sansebastianturismo.com/en

Buses to Biarritiz and Bilbao www.pesa.net

Flights Bilbao to Seville www.vueling.com

www.sevillaonline.es www.andalucia.com

Trains to Seville to Cordoba, Cadiz and Jerez www.trenitalia.com/en/viajeros/index.html

Bus Seville to Faro and the Algarve www.eva-bus.com

Trains Portugal www.cp.pt Buses www.rede-expressos.pt

www.visitportugal.com

www.golisbon.com

nb: Renting a car in Spain you will need an International driving permit, contact your local motoring organisation.

Accommodation www.venere.com

Leipzig, Germany
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: San Sebastian For A Week. Long Enough Or Not Enough ?

I have somewhat of a different opinion. I think one week is perfect. I love San Sebastian, but I feel like after a week I would be ready to move on and see Seville and Portugal.

Also, in terms of the international driving permit. Technically you should have one... It is probably better if you do, but I never had one and I rented a few cars there.

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,726 posts
459 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Sebastian For A Week. Long Enough Or Not Enough ?

You could spend a week or a month and not eat in every bar/restaurant. Just make the best use of the time you have available. You can always come back sometime in the future.

Vitoria-Gasteiz...
Level Contributor
325 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Sebastian For A Week. Long Enough Or Not Enough ?

Based in San Sebastian if you get bored you can do a lot od day tours and back to SS, Distances here are nothing to those compared to you in Australia.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,117 posts
3,577 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Sebastian For A Week. Long Enough Or Not Enough ?

mark:

I spent a wonderful week last year in San Sebastian during summer and had a great time. We did a day trip to Getaria and another one to Biarritz. We stayed at the Hotel Londres, a very good hotel by the beach.

6. Re: San Sebastian For A Week. Long Enough Or Not Enough ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2015, 06:19