We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Length of time in San Sebastian

Greenwich...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Length of time in San Sebastian

Hello,

Going on my honeymoon to Paris/San Sebastian but have a few questions. Is 5 days too much time in San Sebastian? Do you think we should break it up and see Barcelona and San Sebastian, or just pick San Sebastian? Last trip we did Nice/Paris for a similar amount of time and enjoyed that.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Hotel San Sebastian
Hotel San Sebastian
306 Reviews
San Sebastian - Donostia, Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
5,217 posts
482 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Length of time in San Sebastian

I think 5 days is a perfect amount to spend in San Sebastian. Even if you somehow get bored there are many nicer villages nearby for day trips; Hondarribia, Getaria, Zarautz, Saint Jean de Luz, Biarritz and Bilbao.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel San Sebastian
Hotel San Sebastian
306 Reviews
Hondarribia
Hondarribia
Province of Guipuzcoa, Spain
Getaria
Getaria
Zarautz
Zarautz
Saint-Jean-de-Luz
Saint-Jean-de-Luz
Basque Country, France
Biarritz
Biarritz
Basque Country, France
Bilbao
Bilbao
Province of Vizcaya, Spain
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
66,460 posts
3,763 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Length of time in San Sebastian

red:

I would just stay in San Sebastian for this trip. The city is best seen in summer, when there is less rain.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel San Sebastian
Hotel San Sebastian
306 Reviews
Leipzig, Germany
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Length of time in San Sebastian

I completely agree with the ones who commented above. This is your honeymoon and you want to be able to relax. If you are rushed and trying to cram everything in during a short period of time it will not be as much fun for you. Besides, like BiarritzTaxi said, there is a lot to see in the surrounding area.

Have fun!

alberta
Level Contributor
562 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Length of time in San Sebastian

Paris and San Sebastian is a magical combination... I did that on one of my trips there.

you would be travelling the whole time if you added Barcelona and would miss the best of both...Barcelona needs that much time just to scratch the surface... that time in San Sebastian will be gone so fast too but you really can have the most amazing time.

San Sebastian is the type of place that is best when you slow down and really enjoy.... perfect for a honeymoon

You MUST visit La Perla la-perla.net/en/…

and another wonderful romantic detour could be a day trip to Biarritz France. So easy by train and it is another picture perfect place on the planet. A wonderful way to enjoy the day and each others company and return for pintxos and a glass of wine before bed

I am trying hard to book a month in San Sebastian next and I know that wont feel like enough lol

it gets longer each year ;)

have fun !!

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Hotel San Sebastian
Hotel San Sebastian
306 Reviews
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Biarritz
Biarritz
Basque Country, France
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
32,557 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Length of time in San Sebastian

San Sebastian is a loverly city www.sansebastianturismo.com

Mentioned in this post
Hotel San Sebastian
Hotel San Sebastian
306 Reviews
6. Re: Length of time in San Sebastian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2015, 07:18