We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alpharooms.com

ireland
10 posts
Save Topic
alpharooms.com

Was considering booking 10 days in Marina Portals Hotel in Portals Nous, Majorca, family room for 4. Found alpharooms nearly 500 euro cheaper than booking with hotel direct. Tried to get hotel to match or come close to alpharooms but they would not. Have read various reviews on alpharooms from their brillant to their rubbish and you may lose your money.Has anyone used them lately ?Also any comments on hotel would be welcome

UK
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: alpharooms.com

alpharooms.com are ABSOLUTE cowboys, DO NOT TOUCH! I'm not the kind to moan about things like this but they have been horrendous and messed me about SO much since I booked a holiday through their site only to be told that they had been unable to confirm the flight (nothing to do with the Volcanic ash more that they appear to sell flights without confirming with the airline that they have seats available 1st) I then received contradictory messages on my account on their website after spending several attempts & more than an hour trying to get through to them I finally managed to book another flight to go with the accomodation I had already booked through them. I was promised by they sales advisor someone would call me back later that day to confirm my transfers had been rearranged to fit with our new flight times & so that I could pay for my accommodation as for some reason although I supplied all of my card details as the time of booking on their website they had not taken the payment....surprise, surprise....no call, I then received an email stating someone would call me the following day.....again no call! I spent another 40 mins on hold only to be told that there was no one left in the office who could take payment for accommodation which has already been booked & that I would have to phone back the next day. I've since managed to get through (eventually) and pay for my booking and chase up the flight vouchers which hadn't arrived but I'm not holding my breath that anything has been booked properly & will NEVER use them again. My advice is please pay the extra it's so worth it to not have all this stress and worry over a holiday which I'm supposed to be excited about not stressing about!

doncaster
Level Contributor
443 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: alpharooms.com

i have used them several time and had no problems at all but then we only book the accomadation through them,and yes they are far cheaper.book it and enjoy the money they saved you.paul

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: alpharooms.com

We have booked twice (rrom only) with Alpha Rooms and had problems both times.

The first time we had booked a Twin Room - and informed Alpha Rooms that Hubby needs this due to health problems - but on arrival were told that the hotel only had Doubles available; annoying but not the end of the world.

The second time was more concerning as the hotel had no record of our booking when we arrived. The hotel contacted Alpha Rooms who had to admit that they not sent any notification of our reservation - luckily the hotel had a room available but in high season this could be a big problem.

ireland
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: alpharooms.com

Thanks for response.Right or wrong its booked now but have only booked accomadation, did the flights seperately. I have received my accomadation voucher so hopefully everything workes out

Lytham
Level Contributor
46 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: alpharooms.com

I used alpharooms in the past where I need just an overnight stay and never had any issues.

However, used them this year and will swear as long as I'm alive will never use them again. bunch of COWBOYS. Just google them and you'll see.

Quick to take your cash but after sales....forget it.

ireland
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: alpharooms.com

Begining to get worried now but have my hotel voucher so hopefully will work out. Going 19th july to 30th so will let you know how i get on when i get back. Fingers crossed.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,090 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: alpharooms.com

Why don't you e mail the hotel direct and confirm your accomodation?

Surely that beats the stress of not knowing if you have definitely got a room.

Just a thought.

Edited: 22 June 2010, 09:48
ireland
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: alpharooms.com

Apparently alpharooms only advise the hotel of full details 2 to 7 days before you travel.I assume they tell the hotel a room is booked but only pass on full details nearer the time. I will e-mail hotel nearer the time. First time doing independant travel for family holiday so maybe being a bit anxious but will bring a few extra quid just in case

england
Level Contributor
324 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: alpharooms.com

Have used Alpharooms numerous times, have only had a few problems, usually when alpharooms have been late informing the hotel of the booking or Alpharooms have made a pricing error on their website and the hotel was not willing to honour the booking at that price, they had told Alpharooms but they had not changed their website or our booking! We have always stuck to our guns that we are in possession of an accommodation voucher and insisting politely that we are shown to a room, it has always been resolved to our satisfaction. I am sure you will be fine.If there are any problems just insist that you booked in good faith and expect the accommodation you booked to be provided.

Recently I have been using TRAVELREPUBLIC instead,fortunately I used them during the ash cloud and they gave amazing after service and ensured we got all our money back, flights, hotel,even for transfers as booked flight and hotel through them which they call "tailor made holiday" although in essence is simply separate bookings.!Will be using them all the time in future.

ireland
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: alpharooms.com

Thanks for the tip