We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is extra leg room on Monarch flight worth paying for?

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
119 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Is extra leg room on Monarch flight worth paying for?

Hi all,

I just wondered what your thoughts were really, I'm considering paying £100 for 4 of us, 2 of us being children! For a monarch flight, it's a very short Flight,(couple of hours) but wondered if anyone has done it and thought it was worth bothering with just for the extra comfort! Thanks

Cheltenham, United...
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is extra leg room on Monarch flight worth paying for?

Hi,

My husband and I generally pay £10 each per flight for the extra legroom and definitely think it is worth it.

If you are flying outside of school holidays, there are sometimes empty seats in the extra legroom section & Monarch cabin crew are very strict on not allowing other passengers to seat in these seats if they have not paid the extra.

HTH

London, England
Level Contributor
8,047 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is extra leg room on Monarch flight worth paying for?

It depends how tall you are. I frequently fly on airlines such as Ryanair and Easyjet and never pay for any of the extras (except baggage). However, I am about 5ft6in tall, so have enough legroom for a short flight.

My brother in law is 6ft3in and wouldn't even considering flying with a low cost airline.

3. Re: Is extra leg room on Monarch flight worth paying for?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2015, 05:18