We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Resort?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,050 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Which Resort?

For many years we have wanted to visit Ibiza, having stayed on Majorca and Menorca, but cannot be sure which resort would suit us. Everytime I think I have decided, I read something which puts me off.

I thought this weeks episode of Vacation, Vacation, Vacation may have helped, as they were in Ibiza, but that was a total waste of 30 minutes.

We love Puerto Pollensa, in Majorca and Punta Prima, in Menorca, and wondered what the equivalant resorts on Ibiza would be.

Any help would be appreciated

Mentioned in this post
Majorca
Majorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
Menorca
Menorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Resort?

Yes, I fully agree with you the Vacation, Vacation, episode on Ibiza was a total waste of 30mins. They should re-name it the Phil and Kirsty show as they were like a married couple going on at each other so much.

I would suggest Santa Eularia and the north of the Island as similar resorts to the ones you mention. If you tell me what you require from your holiday I could suggest a few places.

Danny

http://dannykayibiza.blogspot.com/

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,050 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Resort?

I agree Danny, I shall not be bothering with that programme again. Do you remember The Travel Show, that was a really instructive holiday show, which gave you a decent look at a number of resorts, in a particular area, pointed out the good and bad things about them, and gave up to date information such as the price of food, drink, excursione etc. It was such a refreshing change from Wish You Were Here and Holiday, which only showed everywhere through rose tinted glasses.

I have had Calla LLonga recommended to me, but I can't remember what put me off.

The type of resort we prefer would still be Spanish, not made up of British/Irish bars and karaoke, with a decent choice of restuarants. A beach would be nice, as would a harbou/seafront and we would also like to travel about and see other places on the Island . We prefer the freedom of self catering, although we sometimes opt for half board, all inclusive is a definate no no.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Debs

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,283 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Resort?

Yep, definitely Santa Eularia is the resort most like Puerto Pollensa.

Phil

Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Resort?

Yes the travel show was a real holiday info programme, not just a celeb driven programme.

Yes sounds like Santa Eularia would suit you fine. Calla Llonga is a purpose built concrete resort full of english themed and package tourist friendly bars. Nothing spanish about it at all.

Have a look at the Catalonia Ses Estaques hoteles-catalonia.com/en/…index.jsp

Great location to explore the best of the natural, authentic part of the Island.

Danny

http://dannykayibiza.blogspot.com/

Edited: 01 April 2011, 13:52
Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,283 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Resort?

If you want a package the hotel Catalonia Ses Estaques is sold in the UK by Thomson as part of the Thomson Gold range. thomson.co.uk/destinations/europe/spain/ibiz… (No children under 16)

Phil

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,050 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Resort?

I shall do that, thanks again.

debs

cambridge
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Resort?

what happend to passport to the sun. i thought that was a great programme with a good insight to ibiza and mallorca

8. Re: Which Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 22:17