We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Question

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
99 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Question

I got an email last night saying they had to change my flight out of Ibiza. Due to my tight schedule and catching a flight in Paris to return to Canada I didn't have alot of room for play. We are now scheduled to fly out of Ibiza at 7am meaning we would have to check into the airport at 4am on Friday Morning...

The problem is we would really like to see F me I'm Famous, and I have heard Guetta is on from 2-5.

I'm wondering, is it possible to go to the airport say for midnight, check in, check our baggage then leave, hit Pacha and head back to the air port at 3:30 to go throught security and such? If I check in at midnight do I still need to go 3 hours early for my 7am flight? Does anyone know if there are lockers for our carry-on items that we can dump after we check our baggage so we don't have to take it back to pacha with us???

I feel like this might be tight and we will be scrambling but Guetta was the inital reason for our trip to Ibiza, so we'd like to go, even if only for a couple hours...

Mentioned in this post
Ibiza Town
Ibiza Town
Ibiza, Spain
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Pacha Ibiza
Pacha Ibiza
1,808 Reviews
Ibiza, Spain
ibiza
Destination Expert
for Ibiza, Sant Antoni de Portmany
Level Contributor
3,846 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Question

couple of points

check in time is 2 hours before on most flights

unless you are on iberia which has a whole bank of check in desks permanently open for all flights, enabling you to check in well in advance of your flight time you are scuppered. all other flights tend to have their own specific desk which opens just for that flight and as i said 2 hours prior to take off.

mm

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
99 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Question

We actually are flying Iberia.

Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Question

I have arrived at the Airport 40 mins before my flight time and easily made my flight with hand luggage. Its a small airport, check in desks are 100 meters from security and a further 100m to the gates.

Sounds like your plan is a runner. For a 7am flight you should be ok to arrive at the airport for 6am already checked in at midnight.

There are no lockers for hand luggage so pack everything into your suitcase.

Danny

http://www.dannykayibiza.blogspot.com/

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,733 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Question

As Danny says can be done, although airport 10/15 mins away in taxi, often find a taxi hard to get at this time in the morning around Space if plenty of people leaving

ibiza
Level Contributor
2,816 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Question

it's just about do-able time wise but there is nowhere at the airport to leave any kind of luggage. i'd also be surprised if you can check in 3hrs before the flight.

i honestly wouldn't worry about missing guetta - if you can't find a better party than FMIF whilst you're in ibiza then you really shouldn't be here at all ;-)

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,733 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Question

bee: As MM has stated Iberia who Tracy is flying with have open desks for any flight. I think would be a good idea if contact made with Iberia just to ensure no problems of say booking in at 11pm, they may have to book in just after midnight. We recently left our hotel went to malaga airport booked in and dropped off our luggage with Iberia at midday, went into malaga for a very leisurely lunch and then returned to the airport at 16.15 hrs walked through security and then took a domestic flight at 17.00hrs.

ibiza
Level Contributor
2,816 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Question

did you check in the bags rather than have them stored at the airport?

i'd be very nervous checking in my bag that early, especially if i had a connecting flight.

worth knowing just in case though...

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,733 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Question

yes we did check in our bags, as i live near LBA airport we often book in our luggage with Jet2 as the desks open at 5am and then have breakfast somewhere off the airport before returning just before the flight leaves. Why are you nervous to book in bags so early, BA can lose by bags when i book in with an hour to go, not sure with bar coded bags makes a difference whether 5 hours or 5 mins before.

ibiza
Level Contributor
2,816 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Question

dunno, guess i'm just worried that there's more time to lose them!!

i've never lost a bag but i know plenty of people that have....

ibiza airport staff lost my cat for a while but that's a different story.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
99 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Question

Thanks for your advice. I was thinking I'd try to find a contact for Iberia and ask them if it is possible to check in so early for a flight and check our baggage.

Noting that there is no place to leave baggage at the airport that is the only option. If however, it is not possible to check in our baggage that early, I will then just have to head back to the hotel and leave Pacha that much earlier. You do what you got to do.

Just to be clear, a couple of you said I only need to check in 2 hours before the flight? Is this correct for international flights? Where I am from all international flights require a check in 3 hours prior.

Mentioned in this post
Pacha Ibiza
Pacha Ibiza
1,808 Reviews
Ibiza, Spain