We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Boat Hire ?

UK
Level Contributor
59 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Day Boat Hire ?

Any suggestions for a day motor/speed boat hire, just for 2 people and not got a boating licence but do not want a skipper with us. We are staying between Ibiza Town and Bossa Beach

Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Boat Hire ?

no chance im afraid.

Danny

http://dannykayibiza.blogspot.com/

UK
Level Contributor
59 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Boat Hire ?

Cheers Danny.

Guessed that might be the case

VPS
Vilanova i la Geltru
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Boat Hire ?

You can rent a boat from this company. They have a 20 foot powerboat with a 100 hp engine. They say no skipper is required but I don't know how, because to drive a boat with that size engine in Spain you have to be qualified i.e. RYA powerboat level ll or equivalent.. There is another company advertising a similar boat and they say you must have the ICC or above qualification. So the options are there if you are qualified. It will cost you around 600 euros for a day charter.

www.ibiza-boat-charter.com/index.php…

ibiza
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Boat Hire ?

"This boat can be driven without captain"

i guess they mean "chartered without captain"

i'm pretty sure there is no one dum enough to rent you a boat without a license but www.ibizamed.com offer RYA Powerboat Level II and ICC training on the island so you can make it part of your holiday.

will be much easier to do a bare boat charter anywhere once you've got those qualifications.

VPS
Vilanova i la Geltru
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Boat Hire ?

You may find some local companies that have some little inflatable run arounds with 5 hp engines. Ask when you get there. In the UK you don't need a licence of any kind for the powerboat on offer but here you do.

As beezwax says, do the course, it's such fun and it equips you well for handling the boat. It only takes 2 days....3 if you throw in a VHF course to operate a radio (which you have to carry by law here on the boat).

ibiza
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day Boat Hire ?

they are pretty tight here as far as i know - you're not even allowed to use a private jetski without the appropriate training and qualification/paperwork.

the tourist ones for hire have a special dispensation, but they are speed restricted and also have immobilisers on that make the engines cut out if anyone tries to go too far from the beach.....

Ibiza, Spain
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Day Boat Hire ?

Yes. You have boats for hire without licence in San Antonio bay - Ibiza. All the information at www.starboatsibiza.com.

London
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Day Boat Hire ?

You can pick up a small motor boat of the beach at Cala D'Hort without a license and without a skipper.

http://www.sail-ibiza.com

Granada, Spain
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day Boat Hire ?

Hi redrich103,

You can charter all type of boats, sailing boats and catamarans from www.charteralia.com/en They are based at the club nautico at San Antonio and they have all type of options: skippered / non skippered, day-charter, weekend-charter, week-charter. I used to work as skipper for them last summer. They have good last minute fees, especially in mid-low season.

In general, when asking for prices to charter companies in Ibiza ask for all the extras, VAT, port fees, cleaining fees, fuel, skipper fee, etc.

Roses, Spain
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Day Boat Hire ?

There is a site: http:///www.maritimvs.com where could rent a boat in many Spain places ( balear islands, Costa Brava, Barcelona and Costa Daurada). There are the option with skipper and without.

Moreover in this site you could find a mini guides touristic places usefull if you like to visit the zone.

Enjoy your holiday!