We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good area to stay for walking holiday

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
164 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Good area to stay for walking holiday

As a regular visitor to soller in Mallorca, now fancy a change and looking at Ibiza. Want somewhere quiet with good access to walking routes, have heard San Antonio & Santa Eulalia are good options? Want to rent somewhere quiet & private that is maybe within 20 mins walk to restaurants etc. Any suggestions would be great, would have a car so can drive to some of the walking areas.

ibiza
Destination Expert
for Ibiza, Sant Antoni de Portmany
Level Contributor
3,651 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Good area to stay for walking holiday

walking routes in ibiza are nothing like as well organised or popular as in the sierra tramuntana. having said that, if you are coming walking it will presumably be in the off season when everywhere in ibiza is much, much quieter than in summer. with a car, the world really is your oyster, so you can pick and choose where you stay. however if your visit is outside the tourist season may to october, your accommodation options will be much more limited.

mm

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
164 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good area to stay for walking holiday

Thanks MM, have heard that the way marking is not as good as mallorca. Have come across a place near San Miquel & Santa gertrudis to rent. We are looking at early Sept. Do you have any feedback on these places? We want away from it all but maybe 20mins walk to village,( fussy I know!)

ibiza
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,651 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Good area to stay for walking holiday

i spent yesterday afternoon lounging in santa gertrudis which is full of bars and restaurants which are a mix of local tradition and fairly trendy sophistication. it was quite busy, but far from crowded, so probably ideal for you. having said that, it's really hot here still, and i wouldn't think of rambling hill paths at this time of year.

mm

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
164 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good area to stay for walking holiday

MM, Thanks for info, we are just back from Mallorca walking and it is on the cosy side but due to work we can only go early Sept, we tend to get up early and walk then re-hydrate later! Sounds like a good option of place to stay.

ibiza
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,651 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good area to stay for walking holiday

yes it is. mrs mm pronounced it the only other place she'd live in ibiza apart from san jose, which is praise indeed.

mm

ibiza
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good area to stay for walking holiday

you still haven't convinced her to try a 1st floor flat in the west end then MM?

ibiza
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good area to stay for walking holiday

p.s. let me know if you fancy some tapas and a beer in gertrudis sometime - my diary is starting to free up and i love a bit of ulivans!!

8. Re: Good area to stay for walking holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 22:18