We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ibiza mid-May?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ibiza mid-May?

Hello!

Fiance and I are planning a Spain honeymoon, and we both have Ibiza on our bucket lists. Thing is, with our wedding date and overall Spain itinerary, we're looking at landing in Ibiza from May 10-May 15.

It looks like this is before the busy season.....we do like clubbing and DJs, but I also want to lay out in warm weather to get a bit of a tan, and we both like random adventures/sightseeing/good food.

Question is - will a mid-May visit to Ibiza satisfy our bucket-list craving? Or should we save Ibiza for another trip when we can come in high season?

I will say...part of me is very happy to come when there are not crazy crowds. But my fiance is worried that the club/trance scene won't be as "fun" in the off-season.

We're just in the beginning stages of planning so I'm not sure where to look for information. I did a quick forum search for this question, and most of the results were pretty dated, so I wanted to double check. Any guidance is so appreciated.

Also - any advice re: a hotel/resort to stay that's walking distance to town would be so great! I saw great reviews of Mirador, are there any others that you would recommend?

Thanks and cheers! :)

ibiza
Destination Expert
for Ibiza, Sant Antoni de Portmany
Level Contributor
3,289 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ibiza mid-May?

there won't be any crazy clubbing scene happening during your dates though if you are interested in how they partied 800 years ago, the medieval festival will take place in ibiza old town.

if you want to see the island in full swing when all the clubs, and fashion beach bars are open then you need to be here june to september.

mm

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
5 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ibiza mid-May?

We had a week of glorious sunshine 2 years ago mid may!

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
10,894 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ibiza mid-May?

weather never usually a problem after mid may, cant remember any meaningful rainfall in my end of May visits, september a different storey.

ibiza
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ibiza mid-May?

medieval festival is fantastic - a proper annual highlight for me and my friends!

don't come for the clubbing but don't let that put you off, there will be plenty to see and decent parties on, just no superclubs....

stay near ibiza town - playa den bossa, talamanca, or an agroturismo like can jaume / can arabi if you can afford it.

England
Level Contributor
90 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ibiza mid-May?

We're looking at going last week of May, but some of the opening parties will be taking place then so hoping to get the best of both worlds... perhaps you could do that and move it back by a week? The party calender on Ibiza spotlight is great for finding out what's one when you're there.

scotland
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ibiza mid-May?

hi is Pacha open all year round?

ibiza
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ibiza mid-May?

yes. weekends and bank holidays only until may though....

Doncaster, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ibiza mid-May?

Im going on May the 16th, do you know what the weather is usually like and what sort of things i should take ot wear? not to sure seeing all osrts of different answers.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
10,894 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ibiza mid-May?

always out in spain in May. The last rainfall before the summer usally happens upto mid may, then sunny mid 20´s

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Ibiza mid-May?

Thank you everyone for the advice! I'm new to the forums and appreciate the feedback very much. We've decided we might postpone northern Spain and Ibiza for a different trip. We both realized we want to see Ibiza in full swing and experience all the fabulous chaos that goes along with it. :) We're heading south for our suntans this time around. Off to the Canary Islands forum.

Cheers and happy travels all!