We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which beach not to miss

New York, NY
Level Contributor
231 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which beach not to miss

I am going to Playa den Bossa on September 1, 2012. We are definitly going to Formentera, but is there a beach close to Playa Den Bossa worth going to see?

New York, NY
Level Contributor
231 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Which beach not to miss

Also, which beach on Ibiza is the best (clearest water) resembling Formentera.. If i cant get to Formentera, then ill take the trip to another similar beach on the island. thanks

Everywhere
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which beach not to miss

Nearby beaches: Salinas and Es Cavallet just south of Bossa,Talamanca just north of Ibiza town.All different in their own way.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,318 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which beach not to miss

Not much wrong with the beach at Playa den Bossa, 4 km of golden sand as you walk towards Salinas.

Not near but a great beach overlooking es Vedra is cala D'Hort, lovely clear water here.

Ibiza Is full of great coves as is Formentera. For clear water, but no real beach try Es Calo on Formentera, but the choice is mind blowing.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
231 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Which beach not to miss

thank you!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
231 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Which beach not to miss

Playa den bossa looks really beautiful but not as quite as the picture ive seen of formentera, so was just trying to find something similar in ibiza incase i didnt make hte trip out to formentera

Burton on Trent
Level Contributor
154 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which beach not to miss

The beach on Formentera is beautiful ..you can get the Aqua Bus from Ibiza Port to Formentera for 19 euro's return. You can either walk to the beach or hire a bicycle they are near the boat stop. It was really hot when we were there a couple of weeks ago so make sure you take plenty water as there is not much shade. Enjoy your holiday....

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,962 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Which beach not to miss

To enjoy this one, you really need to stay over.

www.tiburon-formentera.com/

New York, NY
Level Contributor
231 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Which beach not to miss

Tuburon looks amazing... Unfortunately we do not have the time to stay over...

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,962 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Which beach not to miss

Formentera is not a day trip.

On the mainland, you might enjoy this one.

www.calabassabeachclub.com/

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,318 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which beach not to miss

We always explore Formentera as a day trip have done for 40 years, in my younger days could cycle round. We now just potter down to ES Calo for the day, put normally just stick a pin in the map