We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels/Apartments with out salt water showers?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
120 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels/Apartments with out salt water showers?

Are there any?

Last time I was in Ibiza, we stayed at a budget hotel, and the shower was horrible, I felt I would be cleaner taking a dip in the sea.

I am booking a trip for next month and reading reviews, I see that even apartments on the expensive side that look nice (like Bora Bora condos) have salt water as well as many 3 and 4 star hotels.

So is this the only option on the island?? I am trying to stay in D'en Bossa

Thank you.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,746 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels/Apartments with out salt water showers?

Where did you stay?

uk
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels/Apartments with out salt water showers?

i dont know about ibiza, but many parts of spain use water from the sea, but it actually goes through a purifying process which makes it clean and drinkable. its the same method thats used on cruise ships, thats how you get water on a cruise ship as it couldnt carry enough to supply all its passengers.

most people dont realise this and presume that the tap water is undrinkable, which in fact isnt true. it does taste slightly different that uk water, so you would need to get used to it.

generally i dont drink the tap water, but will happily brush my teeth and gargle with it, its just that i dont like the taste for drinking. you can look it up on the internet for more info on the purifying process

ibiza
Destination Expert
for Ibiza, Sant Antoni de Portmany
Level Contributor
3,672 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels/Apartments with out salt water showers?

some of ibiza's water comes from the desalination plant and is tasteless. some water comes from wells which has lots of calcium and salt in it. it depends where you are which water you get.

mine is from a private well and is full of calcium, but it's better than the stuff the water company supplies here.

mm

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
120 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels/Apartments with out salt water showers?

@lordkimmage we stayed at hotel Club Can Bossa. It's a budget hotel, rooms were spacious with a balcony but it was super duper budget hotel. I would pay extra to stay else where. I looked at their website now, and maybe they renovated the entire thing since 2008 or the are just good at taking amazing photos. (there was no water in the pool even when we were there lol).

OK, thanks for the feedback. So I guess it wall varies through out the island, but d'en Bossa might be getting water from the same well which would cause all places have the same type of water.

I will be honest, it is more about showering with it than drinking, I can always buy bottled water for this like I do in Asia.

I mean if you have really tough skin it is ok I guess? But I remember that I would just feel so dirty after those showers, and washing hair was a joke with it.

I have a shower head attachment that has a filter. I might just take that along with me. Better than nothing I guess.

Thanks.

5. Re: Hotels/Apartments with out salt water showers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2013, 05:17