We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can Greco Villa, San Antonio - Has anyone been?

Arbroath, Scotland
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Can Greco Villa, San Antonio - Has anyone been?

Hello Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has been or stayed at the above villa. It's a 5 bedroom villa and not far from the Sunset Strip etc so suits our needs perfectly.

If no-one has been has anyone booked a villa through the owner before - Martin Rodgers? I believe he's got a few properties he either manages or owns from looking at homeaway etc.

And finally, how trustworthy are the reviews from homeaway? There's 2 on there providing excellent reviews.

Here's the villa details; http://www.homeaway.co.uk/p808345#amenities

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kyle

Arbroath, Scotland
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Can Greco Villa, San Antonio - Has anyone been?

Just another point;

It seems they advertise through homeaway.co.uk but the direct link I received in the email is this;

http://www.ibizapropertyshop.com/uk/vid-casa-greco-san-antonio-town~52.aspx

They have a shop located in Ibiza that sells and rents villas also, seems ok so far anyway.

Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can Greco Villa, San Antonio - Has anyone been?

doesnt pinpoint exactly where it is so i would be wary of it......

Danny

dannykayibiza.blogspot.ie

Arbroath, Scotland
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Can Greco Villa, San Antonio - Has anyone been?

Hello Danny,

I've had a good dig about and all seems reasonably ligit!?

The website hosting such villa is http://ibizapropertyshop.com/ who - it looks like - have an office in San Antonio itself. Has anyone booked through them?

The guy offering the rental is a Martin Rodgers/Martin Makepeace? They also have a facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/ibizapropertyshop…

All seem reasonable legit to me but I'm very in-experienced in comparison to yourself? What do you think?

Thanks Danny,

Kyle

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
10,811 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can Greco Villa, San Antonio - Has anyone been?

Agree with Danny where is it. Location is vital, information on website gives you no clue at all.

So many problems with villas in Ibiza, certainly you should start by knowing where you are located.

500 metres from the ferry and beach is not feasible for me in San Antonio.

ibiza
Destination Expert
for Ibiza, Sant Antoni de Portmany
Level Contributor
3,254 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Can Greco Villa, San Antonio - Has anyone been?

i can't think of anyone more legit in ibiza than martin makepeace. my goodness, he's the captain of the cricket team! why not just ask them for the google map ref of the villa?

having said that, as a villa owner myself, i do not give. a pinpoint location of my house purely as a matter of security.

mm

Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can Greco Villa, San Antonio - Has anyone been?

If MM says hes the captain of the cricket team then your on a winner.....only gentlemen with good pedigrees play cricket :-)

Its always good to put a face with a villa rather than those invisible agents that resell them....

Danny

dannykayibiza.blogspot.ie

Arbroath, Scotland
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Can Greco Villa, San Antonio - Has anyone been?

Hello,

Thanks for that everyone. That's what's I was hoping for, from a quick browse on the net he seems pretty well known and established in Ibiza.

Think I seem somewhere on the net that he plays cricket for Ibiza actually. Ha All seems pretty spot on so think we're going to go ahead and book a villa. Thanks for all your help.

Kyle

Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can Greco Villa, San Antonio - Has anyone been?

Just dont leave your head at home. Make sure to take the basic security precautions like locking all the doors when you go out. Most villa robberies in Ibiza are caused by doors and windows been left open by carefree holidaymakers. A basic rule of thumb is to employ the same security as if you were at home......if you go out to the shops in your local area do you leave the doors and windows open when there is nobody in the house?

Danny

dannykayibiza.blogspot.ie/

london
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Can Greco Villa, San Antonio - Has anyone been?

If it isnt already too late...

I stayed there last (casa greco) with friends, and it was perfect. It is a 5/10 min walk from the main road (so is quiet) but close enough to shops and the sea front and the taxi ranks. (its about a 15 minute walk to es paradis nightclub.

If you want exact location details let me know

Manchester
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Can Greco Villa, San Antonio - Has anyone been?

Hi We are looking to book a villa with ibizapropertyshop. Why is he called Martin Makepeace on some sites and on others he is called Martin Rogers? Makes me a bit wary!