We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help??! Algarve vs. Crete vs. Ibiza

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Help??! Algarve vs. Crete vs. Ibiza

Hello! After reading several forums on here it appears the folk on here know what they're talking about!

I'm looking to book a holiday for me and my boyfriend (we're early 20's) for April/May time. We're after culture, a nice beach, authenticity, an atmosphere on a night but not 18-30's style - nothing too loud and noisy, the option to go out shopping, sight see, activities, not an overly busy/touristy place, and we've narrowed it down to the quieter parts of Ibiza, Crete and the Algarve. Has anyone been to these places or all of these places that could give me some help??

We plan to go self catering and the budget isn't really an issue for the right place! Thinking 7 nights. Thanks!

lincoln
Level Contributor
664 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help??! Algarve vs. Crete vs. Ibiza

Within each of your chosen locations there are many different kinds of resorts In April/May nowhere will be overly busy in fact lots of places will be too quiet if you want a nighttime atmosphere. If you want to swim in the sea Crete will probably the warmest but my personal preference for a greek island is Rhodes only been to Crete briefly to 'do' the archeological sights.The Algarve has a huge range of resorts but its early season so go for Lagos which is a proper town and will give you all you require.Ibiza will still be very quiet , the club scene doesn't really warm up until the end of May so you would be fine anywhere. My favourite resort is Santa Eulalia but I'm old enough to be your Granny , there are lots of experts on here that will give you advice on which resort is best for you but I would probably go for Talamanca so that you can go to Ibiza Town for shopping, culture etc.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,092 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help??! Algarve vs. Crete vs. Ibiza

Sarah:

I have been to Ibiza and the Algarve. I too would choose Santa Eulalia. It has the best shopping on the island.

Edited: 26 January 2013, 05:01
Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help??! Algarve vs. Crete vs. Ibiza

Thank you! That's really helpful :)

4. Re: Help??! Algarve vs. Crete vs. Ibiza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2014, 07:16