We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ibiza for couple in 60's in April?

London
9 posts
Save Topic
Ibiza for couple in 60's in April?

Me and my husband (mid 30's) are thinking of taking our inlaws (mid 60's) with us to Ibiza for a spring break (April).

We're (far!) too old for clubbing and know that in April the party season won't have started by then, but what we need to know is, would a mid 60 year old couple feel 'out of it' in Ibiza in April?

Will there still be a lot of young people there, we don't want them to feel too old?

We've just got an option of a cheap flight and thought it might be nice to see what I've read is a beautiful island out of season, but will choose somewhere else if I feel my inlaws wouldn't enjoy it.

Thanks

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,506 posts
3,726 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ibiza for couple in 60's in April?

baby:

Ibiza Island is a beautiful island that is full of pine trees. There are many small towns to explore. It is very scenic. One of the best towns to stay in is Santa Eulalia. There will be people of all ages.

The wild scenes in the discos you see on TV are only in the summer and only in certain clubs.

Breda, The...
Level Contributor
2,236 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ibiza for couple in 60's in April?

Sorry to hear that you feel that you are to old, age is just a nr

Rugby
Destination Expert
for Ibiza
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ibiza for couple in 60's in April?

Santa Eulalia will suit you perfectly. It has a lovely promenade, nice bars and restaurants, and a good choice of accomodation. My parents (in their 80's) will be accompanying us to SE in June and have been coming with us for a few years. They love it!

London
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ibiza for couple in 60's in April?

Thanks very much for the messages.

We had been thinking about staying in Ibiza town centre, but I'm guessing from the replies that this is not ideal? We had thought of basing ourelves there in order to be close to the ferry to Formentara where we intended to spend half a day/a day and to the public transport network.

However, Santa Eulalia sounds so nice. Do you know if there's a bus from the airport? We're on a bit of a tight budget and couldn't run to a taxi, so would need to stick with public transport.

Thanks

ibiza
Destination Expert
for Ibiza, Sant Antoni de Portmany
Level Contributor
3,715 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ibiza for couple in 60's in April?

there isn't a bus direct to se in april though if there was you'd be paying 3 euros each. a taxi will only be 8 euros each approx. and you can bus it to itown for the formentera ferry. however if you are on a budget, you'll find the normal ferry prices quite expensive compared to the cheap and cheerful ones which run tourist trips in summer.

mm

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
28,847 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ibiza for couple in 60's in April?

My wife and I are a lot older than your folks. And have enjoyed Ibiza/ Formentera for more than fifty. Let them do their own thing, they'll have a ball.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ibiza for couple in 60's in April?

Perhaps hire a car? We've booked one through argus for £7 per day.

Pwllheli, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ibiza for couple in 60's in April?

Santa Eulalia beautiful. TresTorres hotel very central and quiet, although pool not massive. Food was good

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ibiza for couple in 60's in April?

Another vote for Santa eulalia. My parents in there 60s have a house there over looking the marina which is beautiful. We fly out next week(in our early 40s). Definitely the resort to go to

10. Re: Ibiza for couple in 60's in April?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2014, 07:16