We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Weekend for a group of (late) 40 somethings

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Long Weekend for a group of (late) 40 somethings

Hello

We are a group of 11 forty something friends, male and female, planning to spend a long weekend in Ibiza for a joint 50th Birthday do in September 2014 after the summer holidays have finished. Some of our party will already be in their fifties (including myself). We do plan to visit a club and I have read that it is perfectly acceptable for persons of our age to be seen "largeing it up".

I am looking for guidance on the following:

Most suitable resorts for our age group;

Most suitable clubs to visit;

Great bars with good music;

Hotel or villa accommodation recommendations

Reading through the forums I see it would be best to avoid S Antonio so that has already been excluded as a base.

Many thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Ibiza, Islas...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Weekend for a group of (late) 40 somethings

Es Cana

Edited: 02 March 2014, 20:02
Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
10,811 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Weekend for a group of (late) 40 somethings

I would opt for Playa den Bossa and the garbi hotel.

Right on the beach with a great beach terrace bar, some good restaurants within a short walk (casa manolo).

In addition the famous Murphys music bar is 800 yards away (live music from midnight), Dave and the boys celebrate 25 years this year, tell Dave its your party and he will allow a request session of your music.

PDB is a short bus ride from Ibiza Town (buses run 24/7 in September). Sunset in San Antonio will cap of the holiday (again 24/7 direct bus from your hotel)

Cant give information on clubs but the famous Bora Bora beach bar is a 10 minute walk up the beach from the Garbi.

Edited: 03 March 2014, 15:42
Santa Eulalia del...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Weekend for a group of (late) 40 somethings

Hi MArtin,

Areas and places will depend on what you are you looking for. Ibiza town is always a nice option becauseyou wil be close to everything but if you are looking for some quite places then better Santa Eulalia, avoid San Antonio area!. Where definitivelt you have to go is LIO Cabaret, in my opinion the best in Ibiza, stylish and no so many young people aound. Good restaurants you have Sa CApella, Amante, Experimental, Can Curreu, La Oliva. As I told you everything depends of what are you loking for and your budget. Let me know if there is anything I can assist you with.

Regards

Miriam

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Long Weekend for a group of (late) 40 somethings

St Antonio is loud and Partie's through to 9am sundays to saturdays through the Season. There are quieter area's on Ibiza to stay. Playa Den Bosa is where I stayed it has a number of Clubs eateries and Shops aswell as good beaches.

I'd recommend if u guys Wana go Clubbing then do it as an Exkursion don't go as an unorganised Party. It CAN GET DANGEROUS.

Especially if u Vere T off the beaten track.

2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Long Weekend for a group of (late) 40 somethings

St Antonio is loud and Partie's through to 9am sundays to saturdays through the Season. There are quieter area's on Ibiza to stay. Playa Den Bosa is where I stayed it has a number of Clubs eateries and Shops aswell as good beaches.

I'd recommend if u guys Wana go Clubbing then do it as an Exkursion don't go as an unorganised Party. It CAN GET DANGEROUS.

Especially if u Vere T off the beaten track.

6. Re: Long Weekend for a group of (late) 40 somethings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2016, 05:16