We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona to San Antonio Ferry

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Barcelona to San Antonio Ferry

Hi all,

i'm interested in getting the ferry from Barcelona to Ibiza in May next year. We'll be staying in San Antonio when we arrive. I can see on Google maps and on some ferry websites that the route exists, but i can't seem to find any actual ferries that do it. does it still operate? Otherwise I'll sail into Ibiza town instead, but would prefer San Antonio if at all possible!

Thanks.

Everywhere
Level Contributor
1,875 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona to San Antonio Ferry

http://www.balearia.co.uk/

Although your dates may not be available to book yet.

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona to San Antonio Ferry

Thanks for your reply, however I already found that website and when i select the barcelona-san antonio route, it says no ferries available, even if i just look for the next couple of weeks. This is making me think it's a seasonal route, only operating at certain times of year?

Anyone have any clues?

ibiza
Destination Expert
for Ibiza, Sant Antoni de Portmany
Level Contributor
3,688 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona to San Antonio Ferry

there are no longer any ferries from bcn to san an, only Ibiza. both ferry companies only work about 2 or 3 months in advance so there won't be any timetable for months yet. why not fly? it's quicker and cheaper. Ryanair and vueling are your options

mm

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelona to San Antonio Ferry

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and for confirming my suspicions.

and to answer your question, I've decided to get the ferry because it's different and something I've not done before. It's actually part of a longer trip from London through Europe by train, then getting the ferry to Barcelona to Ibiza. it's something a bit different :)

ibiza
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,688 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelona to San Antonio Ferry

if you crave the company of truck drivers you can always get the ferry from valencia or denia to ibiza. bcn to vlc by train or all the way to denia by bus.

mm

ibiza
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,688 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelona to San Antonio Ferry

or of course bite the bullet and ferry into Ibiza town which is quite close to san an in your scheme of things

mm

7. Re: Barcelona to San Antonio Ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2015, 05:15