We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Formentera ferries and Ibiza hotels nearby?

warwickshire
Level Contributor
257 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Formentera ferries and Ibiza hotels nearby?

We fly into Ibiza early evening on Sunday 8th May and fly back on the Thursday at midday, so thought we would need to stay in Ibiza on the Sunday evening before going out to Formentera on the Monday.

We visited Formentera for a day when we were in Ibiza last May, using one of the small ferries running from Playa d'en Bossa beach, but cannot seem to find any timetables to check whether we can use them to get back to the airport by 11:00am.

Please can anyone recommend a good no frills hotel near a ferry pickup point for a single overnight stay, either in Ibiza town or Playa d'en Bossa.

Will we be able to get a ferry back to Ibiza on Thursday and get to the airport in time?

East Anglia
Level Contributor
152 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Formentera ferries and Ibiza hotels nearby?

During the holiday season, the first ferries out of Formentera leave at 7:30, so you should be able to get to the airport at around 8:30. These are scheduled ferries from La Savina to Ibiza port. There are always taxis at the port that will take you to the airport in around 15-20 minutes. The timetable is at:

trasmapi.com/ferry-ibiza-formentera/es/horar…

Timetables change with the season, so I suggest that you check your plans nearer your departure time.

I can't advise you of a suitable hotel, but there are a selection of Ibiza Town hotels on Tripadvisor

Have a good stay on the island, Dave.

Balearics
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Formentera ferries and Ibiza hotels nearby?

Hi,

In addition to the previous reply, I can advise that the last ferry from Ibiza to Formentera is at 9.30pm, so you may have no need to stay overnight in Ibiza. Also, as advised, the first ferry from Formentera to Ibiza is 7.30am. Regardless of alterations to seasonal timetables, these ferries always run (subject to weather conditions, of course!)

Locals normally use El Puerto in Ibiza if they need an overnight stay, purely for their convenient location to the port.

Do check out http://www.formentera-sailing.com for an unforgettable day out in Formentera, and enjoy our beautiful island.

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Formentera ferries and Ibiza hotels nearby?

Hi everyone,

Some really useful info here. I'm off to Formentera next Saturday for a week and was going to catch the 7.30 ferry on the way home. Easyjet have bought our flight forward slightly and check in is an hour rather than forty mins!! The latest we can arrive to IBZ is 8.45am.. Is this really possible.. Ive looked on medpitiusa web pages and I think they may have a 6.30 departure?? my spanish is not too good.. Is this early ferry urban legend....

4. Re: Formentera ferries and Ibiza hotels nearby?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2010, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Formentera