We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Formentera very expensive at the end of May?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Is Formentera very expensive at the end of May?

Hi,

I'm travelling to Formentera (Riu La Mola Hotel in Playa Migjorn) between 23 - 30th May.

I'm just wondering whether the island's prices are extortionate in May?

The end of May is still slightly out of season, I believe, however, the week I'm gonna stay there coincides with the UK school holidays, so perhaps the islanders do put their prices up for that week ??? ...

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could tell me what kind of prices I should be expecting for drinks / a meal in a restaurant. Been to Mallorca and Menorca before (June and Sept) ... Is Formentera much more expensive? Staying half board in Riu La Mola, however, I will still want drinks when I'm out, and possibly a small-ish meal during the day...

Also, are there any supermarkets close to Riu La Mola at Playa Migjorn?

Oh, and finally, is bike hire very expensive?

MUCHAS GRACIAS!!! :)

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
616 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Formentera very expensive at the end of May?

Spent the first 2 weeks of May this year at the Riu La Mola. I doubt the prices in their bar etc will change. There is a small supermarket just up the road at the Maryland complex but both were closed on Friday when we left it may well be they opened today if not very soon.

Yes bikes can be hired at several places, best to take them for the whole holiday to get best rate, compare and haggle.

There is a bus service but they are not on summer service yet.

Enjoy your stay the staff and service can't be bettered.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Formentera very expensive at the end of May?

Many thanks for your reply! :)

So I gather from your message that the prices in May were not extortionate?

I'm happy to hear that the service is good.

If you do have a spare moment to answer another question ... I'm wondering whether Riu La Mola lends beach towels and parasols (free of charge)?

Do I have to book the ferry in advance or is it OK to just turn up (as a foot passenger) and get on the first one available?

MANY MANY THANKS !

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
616 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Formentera very expensive at the end of May?

At the hotel we we had pot of tea for two at 3.90 euro think that will be similar to Ibiza and Spain.

Things on the island might be a little more expensive as every thing comes in by ferry.

Yes you can hire beach towels think you only place a deposit.

We didn't use the beach there but it is very good goes for miles, think beach beds/parasols will be not in the control of the hotel therefor a charge.

We go to the opposite end of the island to the beaches of Illetas/ Llevant, I recommend a visit.

You can turn up for the Ferry and buy tickets at the terminal and choose next boat to go, this will be the highest price though but leaves you free to choose operator.

4. Re: Is Formentera very expensive at the end of May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Formentera