We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay, Riu Mola or Insotel or other

uk
Level Contributor
88 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay, Riu Mola or Insotel or other

We are hoping to organise our first stay on Formentera, having done a day trip a few years ago.

Looking at the Insotel with Thomsons, or arranged ourselves, the Riu Mola arranged ourselves, or is there anywhere else we should consider? Booking with Thomsons gives us the advantage of transferring to Formentera on the same day, with other flights we arrive in the evening so would have to stay the first night in Ibiza and then get the ferry the following morning.

Would like to hear from anyone who knows both hotels, has a preference and why, and how the two compare on location?.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay, Riu Mola or Insotel or other

Hi there. We have never stayed at the RUI, only the Insotel, so cannot compare them. The Insotel caters mainly for the Italian visitors, and has the most awful and loud open air after dinner "entertainment" (in our opinion!). However the studio rooms used by Thomsons are very comfortable and closer to the beach than the main hotel building. In terms of location, the Insotel is on a quieter section of Mitjorn beach, whereas the RUI shares its beach with a number of other hotels and is therefore a bit busier (all relative on Formentera!

But in our view a much better hotel is the Tahiti in Es Pujols. Beautiful rooms, free soft drinks every day in room fridge, and a breakfast room which is open until 12.00 each day. No restaurant for evening meals but this leaves you free to try the many great restaurants in and around Es Pujols.

Wherever you stay you'll love Formenetera.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
728 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay, Riu Mola or Insotel or other

Have been to the Riu la Mola in the past and again this year, and rebooked for next year.

It is the best hotel we have ever stayed at, it has an extremely good manager.

We can't fault any of it.

Staying at the Insoltel Club Formentera Playa next month.

Both are via Thomsons but next year is a direct booking Thomson are limited to choice of airports, and I know I can do transfers quicker.

The Tahiti is always spoken very well of by those I meet staying there, but it is at a very much higher price in fact I guess 2 weeks there will equal my 2 x 2 weeks.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay, Riu Mola or Insotel or other

63joe,

I agree with you that the Tahiti is bit more expensive, and there are very few special offers available. The times we have stayed there we were lucky to be able to get a significant Thomson online discount, but even these have been scarce recently.

t is a few years since we stayed at the Formentera Playa, so hope you enjoy your stay and it would be interesting to hear your opinion on how much you liked it, especially given the negative comments you refer to in the other thread.

We will be at the Apartamentos Carmen in Es Pujols next month.

4. Re: Where to stay, Riu Mola or Insotel or other

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Formentera